PLEASE APPLY BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM: https://airtable.com/shrzLJaA5te3s2eey?prefill_Applying%20for=Software%20Lead&prefill_Source=WWR Position Overview
Clarity, a Series A clean-tech startup, is looking for an experienced full-stack tech lead to spearhead our software team and join the mission of bringing clear air to the world. He or she will drive the technical evolution of our IoT sensor data pipeline, customer-facing web applications, and data analysis tools. Clarity is a globally distributed organization with headquarters in Oakland, CA.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and passionate full-stack developer with a proven leadership track record to bring our Clarity Cloud to the next level. We expect you to begin by working 70% on development and 30% on leading and mentoring our software engineers (3 full-time developers at the moment), setting technical direction and curating an Agile delivery process. As the number of team members increases, we expect you to gradually increase the amount of time spent on directing the team.
On the development side, you will work on:
- Constantly improving the performance, scalability, and reliability of our system given the growing size of our sensor networks
- Developing new services, architecture, and technology to enable new use cases for our sensing-as-a-service solution
- Developing new web applications to deliver value and insight from monitoring data to our customers
On the leadership side, you will:
- Help to shape Clarity’s software product vision by interacting with the hardware and customer success teams
- Support product management in identifying and prioritizing high value initiatives
- Be in charge of defining an efficient software production process for enabling the software team to work the backlog and deliver new treats to our customers in a cadenced and timely manner.
Our product is multidisciplinary, ranging from ubiquitous IoT hardware to scalable data pipelines, advanced data quality assurance algorithms and insightful data analyses. You will enjoy freedom of action around these topics and be encouraged to take initiative for making our software offerings truly revolutionary in the clean-tech space.
You will have plenty of opportunity to work closely with our customers and end-users who hail from industry, government, NGOs, community groups, and academia. At the same time you will be working closely with our CTO and executive team to help guide Clarity to success.
We believe Clarity could be the right place for you to join the fight to environmental issues around the world by leveraging your software superpowers!
- 5+ years of experience in shipping production software for the cloud
- 1+ years of experience in leading a team
- Experience in working in an Agile software team
- Back End development experience, preferably with Python, Node.js, Kafka, and MongoDB
- Experience in working with AWS serverless services, such as Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ECS, and API Gateway
- Experience in working with CI/CD tools, such as Travis CI
- Front End development experience with React.js or similar frameworks
- Good visual skills and knowledge of UI/UX general principles is a plus
- Experience working remotely or as part of a geographically distributed team
- Mission-Driven: You feel a deep desire for your work to have a positive impact on society and the environment, and this motivates you to deliver great results.
- Flexible: You are comfortable to work with a small and nimble team, limited resources, light structure and evolving requirements. You are ready to burn the midnight oil when needed.
We will offer different picks in terms of salary + equity mix.