is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world's best remote company
We've been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round
, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams
are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices - we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States.
What You'll Do
Our Frontend software implementations can be complex. As a Solution Architect, you’re the client-facing engineer for agency and customer developers. You’ll unblock technical issues during builds, and gather feedback to influence our product roadmap and build best practices. Essentially, you’re the conduit between our internal engineering teams and external engineering teams implementing our software. You’ll be able to get in the weeds of our code and also advocate for our customers in a strategic and influential way.
- Ensure the technical success of our customers and agency partners during implementations
- Use your coding skills to resolve any escalated technical errors
- Determine the feasibility of implementation requests and write code to test potential integrations with the Shogun Frontend software
- Collaborate with Agency Partner Managers to evaluate and approve new agency partners based on technical prowess
- Build technical documentation for agencies and customers, and participate in trainings and demonstrations
- Provide customer and agency developer feedback to our internal engineering and product teams to improve our products and the implementation process
- Ignite excitement around Shogun’s Frontend product by building a developer network and engaging with external communities
What You'll Bring
Need to Have
- 4+ years of experience in the design, coding and implementation of IT systems, preferably at a SaaS software product company
- Proficiency in React.js, HTML and CSS
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply
- Passion for using your engineering skills to partner with and enhance the agency and customer developer experience
Nice to Have
- Experience completing complex eCommerce builds or integrations
- Experience in a customer-facing role such as technical support, presales, consulting or solutions architecture
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
- Some experience with a backend framework like Ruby on Rails (not required)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.