We are seeking an experienced, detail-minded data engineering consultant to join our worldwide business development and strategy team building high-performance datamarts at Apple. If you are someone who looks forward to solving complex business problems and is excited about this opportunity, please reach out to us.
- You will design and build data warehouses on the cloud, to provide efficient analytical and reporting capabilities across Apple’s global and regional sales and finance teams.
- You will develop highly scalable data pipelines to load data from various source systems, use Apache Airflow to orchestrate, schedule, and monitor the workflows.
- You will be required to understand existing solutions, fine-tune them and support them as needed. Data quality is our goal and we expect you to meet our high standards on data and software quality.
- We seek a self-starter, who is willing to learn fast, adapt well to changing requirements, and work with cross-functional teams.
- 6+ years of hands-on data modeling and data engineering experience
- Strong expertise in dimensional modeling and data warehousing
- Database design and development experience with relational or MPP databases such as Postgres/ Oracle/ Teradata/ Vertica
- Experience in design and development of custom ETL pipelines using SQL and scripting languages (Python/ Shell/ Golang)
- Proficiency in advanced SQL, performance tuning
- Hands-on experience with Big-Data platform like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive etc
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, Google Cloud
- Familiarity with version control and migration tools for database and software
- Experience working with APIs will be a plus
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Engineering/ Computer Science
- Fully remote forever
- Competitive market salary
- Competitive PTO
4-step Interview Process
1. Recruiter phone screen (with you) & Hiring manager review (this happens in the background)
2. Coding screen (dimension modeling, python, sql)
3. Architecture screen (webex)
4. Team interview (python/sql/business stakeholders)