Bear Group is a leading web development firm looking for an experienced Magento developer to join our team of Magento experts. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems. Bear Group operates as a distributed company, with headquarters in Seattle, WA, but this is a fully remote position.
Note: A Magento certification or path to certification is required for this position.
Sr. Web Developer
With Bear Group, you will tackle technical problems, code and debug, and occasionally participate in client meetings. You will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
- Developing custom modules and extensions for Magento Commerce.
- Integration with various APIs and third-party systems.
- Migrating existing sites to modern platforms.
- Ensuring a quality product is delivered to clients.
- Providing a full range of development — presenting ideas, and as expert coder, resolving technical issues and improving merchant experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5+ years of related work experience.
- Strong expertise in building eCommerce websites using frameworks including Magento.
- Preference for client-service environments -- web development firms, technical support teams, interactive agencies, graphic design firms.
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb written communication, and organization skills.
- 5+ years in web development and strong PHP experience; experience with the Zend framework.
- Magento 2 certified professional developer or professional developer plus.
- Basic LAMP server administration experience, MySQL knowledge, and Git administration.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
More About Bear Group
We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for eCommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 5 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone workday. As a high client-focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 8 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com
. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.