You know how no one picks up the phone these days?
Or when you call someone and the voicemail says, “Don’t leave me a voicemail. Just text me.”
See, that’s the problem businesses face everyday when trying to reach their leads, customers, and clients.
They’re stuck doing things the old way (calling, voice-mailing, emailing) and getting old school results.
The new way to instantly engage with your leads and customers is with text messaging from real local phone numbers.
That's where Salesmsg comes into the picture...
We believe that having conversations is good for business. The easiest, fastest, and most effective way to create conversations is with SMS text messaging.
Salesmsg is a two-way text messaging platform that helps businesses send and receive SMS text and MMS picture messages online or on the go.
We’ve all heard the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child”, but when it comes to your business, “it takes a team to grow and scale” and that's why we need your help.
-------------------// OUR CORE VALUES //-------------------
1. We Figure It Out.
We're a startup. Stuff will break and things will not work as you want them to. You will hit barriers and blocks keeping you from getting done what you said you'd do. You are the type of person that "come hell or high water" will figure it out. This is fun for you.
2. Seek Continuous Improvement.
We pursue GREATNESS. There’s a wealth of knowledge in books, articles, videos, courses, training events, and everywhere you look. Just Google it. If you can’t “figure it out” yourself, trust me, someone else already has for you. We're resourceful and go deep to learn the best strategies.
3. Keep it Real & Conversational.
Seeing things for “how they truly are” gives us power. In fact, we have be real in order to survive and thrive. We have to speak truthfully and honestly because if we don't things go unsaid, animosity stirs, and resentment takes over. It's debilitating for high performance teams to win. Speak truthfully and keep it real. Call it like it is. Provide solutions, not problems.
4. People First Mindset.
As we seek to constantly improve we realize that the best answers to many of the opportunities to grow, products to create, and partnerships to solidify come from our customers. Helping the customer achieve success is our ultimate goal and through that we find new ways to make our product and team better.
5. Be Flexible.
The road is never straight and there will be twists and turns and bumps and stops. We all need to row in the same direction to work together and get things done. Don't make it harder than it has to be. If it takes a few minutes, hook a brother up. Don't battle. We win together, not apart.Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get into what this role will look like for you…
-------------------// HOW WE WORK //-------------------
This is how we do it where I'm from...
- We're a Remote First company with a global team of developers, designers, success, sales, and marketing members from around the world.
- Our team is spread across the USA, Europe, and Asia (Florida, Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, Utah, California, Bosnia Herzegovina, and Belarus)
- We love planning & executing. So each year we get together for a retreat to work backwards to create our Annual Aim, Quarterly Rocks, Monthly Outcomes, Weekly Goals, and Daily Tasks. (It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough for now. You can help improve this too.)
- Work hard and play hard. Life and work doesn't have to be so hard. The environment we created is fun, relaxed, yet backed up by results.
-------------------// THE POSITION //-------------------
We love creating product as much as you do and as a product manager, you’ll work collaboratively with a cross-functional team that includes leadership, engineering, design, and UX to build strategic plans and execute product launches that deliver on user needs.
This position is a balance of strategy and execution.
-------------------// THE ROLE //-------------------
- Ideate and define new features, capabilities, and content to serve needs of our customers
- Draft user-requirements based upon customer and market inputs
- Partner with Engineering, UX, and SaaS Operations teams to define and develop SaaS products
- Participate in Agile Stand-ups/Scrums with geographically dispersed teams
- Plan Product/Feature launches in collaboration with Marketing
- Conduct current and future Market Analysis
- Monitor and evaluate the usage of the Product
- Clearly define and communicate Product Requirements
- Provide input into the Design Phase of the release
- Facilitate the Project Review meetings and the Daily Development Stand-ups
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing of the Product deliverables
- Define and track metrics that inform the success of your product initiatives
- Collaborate with marketing on messaging, positioning and GTM plans
And that’s just a few of the many things you’ll be doing.
-------------------// SKILLS NEEDED //-------------------
- 5+ years experience in as Product Manager and leader for a commercial SaaS platform
- Previous experience as a Product Leader for B2B
- Experience in managing geographically dispersed teams
- Understanding of Customer Requirements and competition in this market
- Proven track record of shipping software product features in an agile team
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with one or more of the agile flavors in favor today (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, etc…)
- Comfort holding Product centric conversations with customers
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge about new industry sectors and technologies
-------------------// WHO IS THIS FOR? //-------------------
1. You’re Curious & Inquisitive.
You like to figure out how and why things work. In other words, you’re a lover of product and have a burning need to understand the products nuances so you can speak intelligently about it rather than a word bumbler.
Problems are opportunities to create a solution. You see words from customers as features, enhancements, and fixes.
2. You Take Initiative.
You are the type that finds things that need improvement and you take action. We have big goals and dreams for creating a global messaging platform which comes with the opportunity to invent, refine, and bring new products to life. You take the reigns and run... fast!
3. You Are Goal & Results Oriented.
You're the person that sets goals and creates a strategy and a plan to achieve them. You set out to produce real results and outcomes that are tied to a big fat hairy audacious goal.
In other words, you get things done and you love the rush of accomplishment.
4. You Enjoy Working Remotely.
To succeed in this position, you’ve been working from home. With COVID and everything happening, you'll need a quiet environment to get focused work done. And you work well and thrive using apps like Zoom, Slack, and other remote tools to connect and communicate with the team and our customers.
5. You’re Hungry To Grow.
It’s true. We’re a fast growing company, but if you’re not interesting in growing, then we can’t serve you. In this growth oriented role, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a larger role to potentially lead a team. We want to help grow as much as you want the company to grow.
So there you have it.
Are you a match? Do you want a REAL challenge?
Then, I think you know what to do next.
- Chris, CEO
P.S. We don't have all of the answers.
We're doing the best we can day after day with pure passion to create something meaningful.
If you're okay with bruises, cuts by a thousand knives, and more good days mixed with bad days as we grow and scale "as a team" - then, this might be right for you.