A BIT ABOUT US
Hi! Thanks for taking a few minutes to look over Sr. Python Role.
EveryoneSocial is how professionals use social media at work. We're the leader in our space and count the world's most successful companies as clients, including Amazon, Adobe, Unity, T-Mobile, to name a few.
When hiring new members to the EveryoneSocial team, we care about creativity and work ethic above all else. In our view, with those two qualities, you can do anything. We're not looking for experts, and you won't find any on our team.
We're a remote team located throughout the US with regional offices in Salt Lake City, UT, and Austin, TX. When not living in a pandemic, we typically get together in person twice a year. Our product has hundreds of thousands of users around the globe, and we're growing rapidly.
In our view it’s the people you work with that makes a role exciting and rewarding. While we’re focused on ensuring every hire we make at EveryoneSocial is the best we can make, it all starts with our leadership team, which has deep experience building market-leading software companies from zero.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
You enjoy being a core contributor on a small and experienced team. You want to be involved in the planning and strategy. You take full ownership of your work.
You understand how to build apps that can scale (scale is one of our top priorities right now). You are excited about writing fast, test-driven, clean, and reusable code.
You have experience with AWS, using Serverless and Appsync GraphQL, and a deep understanding of API design and data modeling.
From day one:
- Collaborate with other members of our engineering and product teams
- Design, build and maintain scalable and performant systems
- Debug production services across our stack
- Contribute to improving engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Mentor engineers, both senior and junior
- Lead by example, including writing clean, well tested and maintainable code
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- Deep understanding of CS fundamentals
- Experience with GraphQL and AWS: AppSync, Lambda, Cognito, DynamoDB, etc.
- Deep understanding of API design and data modeling
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Top of market salary and signing bonus
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision for your dependents
- 3mo parental leave
- Stock options (everyone in our company is an owner)
- Fun and creative workplace
- 3 weeks paid time off per year + company and national holidays
- Ability to work remote
- Opportunity to work in a low ego, high impact environment
THINGS WE VALUE (and hope you do too!)
- Individual ownership: We’re a small but mighty team, and we like it like that. We want every single member of our team to contribute to hitting our big goals. If you want to grab the ball and run with it, this is a team you’ll enjoy being a member of.
- Focus on the customer: It's one thing to say you're customer-focused, it's another to BE customer-focused. Our goal is to be on the same team as our customers and do what needs to be done to make them successful.
- Collaboration and camaraderie: We want to enjoy our work and the people we work with, and we want to learn and win as a team. If you’re looking to be a part of and contribute towards building a stellar team, this will be a place you’ll enjoy.
- The power of diversity: Diversity fuels creativity. Diversity brings strength. We value diversity and actively prioritize it when it comes to building our team. We work with customers and users in over 100 countries worldwide who hold different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. This is integral to our success. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.