Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Do you like music... everywhere? Our team created the Multi-Room Music experience on Amazon Alexa Echo and other Amazon and 3rd-party devices. We are expanding to create more engaging and halo experiences and to broaden our device support. Interested? Come join our team!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building software products. In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for the development and maintenance of key features for Amazon Echo
· Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· Assist with Architecture and Design of new and current systems
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
· 3+ years of experience in software development in Java or C++
· 3+ years of experience on any media streaming framework
· 3+ years of experience with various media formats
· 3+ years of experience writing unit tests to deliver software that scales
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory, disk, and CPU
· Experience with embedded Linux devices
· Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
· Experience building complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation