Sick of the full-time grind, looking for the flexibility to enjoy more of life or work on your side projects? Read on for more details.
ParableSoft (https://parablesoft.com) is a mature software consultancy with a proven 13 year track-record of creating technical solutions to our clients most challenging problems. We have a wide range of industries that we currently support, but are focusing on enabling manufacturers to grow and manage their businesses. Founded by developers, we understand that key to successful software projects is to hire great engineers, give them everything they need to succeed, and get out of their way.
We are looking to partner with a senior US-based Ruby-on-Rails developer who desires steady, well-compensated contracting work (up to 30 hours a week). We believe that work should not feel like a grind. Instead it should be rewarding, challenging, and flexible enough to allow you to actually enjoy life. There may be the occasional client meeting or internal touch-base during traditional business hours, however for the most part you will work when it works for you.
Most of our active projects currently utilize Ruby on Rails and Ember. However, we are working to move to a more “majestic-monolith” stack of Rails + Stimulus / Reflex.
- have 5+ years of software engineering experience (or equivalent)
- have a strong background in full-stack Ruby on Rails development
- know how to effectively communicate in a remote environment
- have a desire to work with a wide range of customers
- can easily switch from discussing high level requirements with clients, down to slinging code to knock out feature requests
- value individual ownership, but are not afraid to seek guidance and feedback
- seek a sustainable work / life balance
If you are a great team player, a self-driven prolific coder, and seek the flexibility to enjoy life outside work, while still making a great living, you could be the perfect addition to our team.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, no recruiters or agencies please.