is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world's best remote company
We've been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round
, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams
are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices - we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America.
An experienced Senior Technical Writer to join our team and champion developers using Shogun Frontend, the end-to-end headless commerce platform. You will build out documentation and practices, working most closely with our Developer Experience team, as Shogun aims to build a best-in-class product for agency developers and in-house developers. Developers are the technical decision makers for the massive shift towards headless builds, and we need to ensure that they’re able to successfully launch stores with Frontend at scale.
In this role, you will help lay the foundation for documentation and knowledge frameworks for Shogun Frontend. You must be a self-starter with excellent writing skills, a deep understanding of developers, and the ability to build processes from 0 to 1.
We are looking for individuals that are naturally drawn to clarifying complicated ideas, self-motivated and able to bring teams together to solve ambitious goals, and drive solutions that help not only our customers but support, sales, and engineering. You will work closely with all of our engineering and product teams to prioritize and build out the knowledge base at Shogun.
In This Role You Will...
- Design, develop, edit, and produce effective technical documentation for Shogun Frontend
- Establish internal documentation standards, content architecture, website presentation, and processes
- Partner with Engineering, Product Management, and Support teams to establish a high bar for documentation at Shogun
- Champion our customer developers and agency developers by garnering and utilizing their feedback on documentation
- Ultimately, support delivering products that Shogun clients love
Skills You Have
- A baseline of 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation for SaaS products
- Proven experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions
- Versed language in web technologies and ecommerce is a plus!
- Design thinking comes to you naturally - a natural desire to work backwards from the customer problem and constantly check assumptions
- A deep empathy for developers and the problems that they face building webpages and storefronts
Traits You Demonstrate
- Highly driven and entrepreneurial personality with the ability to get stuff done while maintaining attention to detail
- Desire to meet people where they are with information and context in order to bring the whole team along on the journey
- Passion for solving customer problems, big and small, and the ability to leave your ego at the door with better information
- The ability to rally people and the organization around major initiatives. We love to see people that drive change through peers!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States and Canada and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.