Design is different at Hillrom. We are collectively inspired by the future state of healthcare and committed to advancing it in meaningful ways. User experience is at the forefront of how we create impactful products used by thousands of clinicians every day.
Our designers have a relentless curiosity for how care teams work and compassion for the patient experience. We strive to discover and act on insights that foster relevant, timely connections among care teams to help enable accurate diagnoses, earlier intervention, and faster recovery times.
We’re looking for an authentic, engaging leader who will:
- Oversee the UX strategic direction, roadmap, and success metrics for various products in Hillrom’s R&D portfolio.
- Conduct discovery workshops and qualitative research efforts to gather feedback from internal stakeholders and customers.
- Partner with product management and engineering to create thoughtful solutions for new and existing products.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Design solutions for various platforms including web, mobile, wearables, voice, IoT, and embedded device UIs.
- Be a fierce advocate for the healthcare heroes who use our products every day as well as the patients who rely on our connected care solutions.
Does this sound like you? You’re a:
- Strong storyteller and facilitator who can clearly and concisely explain complex concepts and build consensus with cross-disciplinary groups.
- Influencer and ideator who can produce thoughtful, simple user experiences from otherwise complicated workflows.
- Systems-level design thinker with a fierce intuition that incorporates broader situational variables, user needs, and patterns in human behavior.
- Experienced collaborator who brings out the best in others and offers a flexible, friendly approach to working with product teams.
- Humble, ego-free, emotionally intelligent contributor who learns from, and builds upon, the ideas of others.
- Solve for underlying problems and outcomes, not just features.
- Ask the right questions to understand the ‘why’.
- Display curiosity—at times even skepticism—of proposed solutions where there is a lack of evidence.
- Proactively build a reputation as a trusted advisor with stakeholders on all matters surrounding the user experience.
- Pay meticulous attention to the details and are passionate about building cohesive experiences.
If this resonates with you, join the 10,000+ of us building a shared vision for a healthier world.