Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
As Staff Software Engineer, you will solve problems of scale, security, performance, and user experience across several products and domains. You’ll work closely with product, design, and engineers to design and execute platform critical solutions on both new and legacy codebases. You’ll be expected to mentor and work with other engineers utilizing pair programming/mobbing and support the engineering organization with top software design, delivery, and operational practices.
You’re our ideal team member if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience building scalable and reliable back-end services and Internet-facing APIs
- Have experience in Agile/XP practices (TDD/Pairing/Continuous Integration) and interest in mentoring others on it
- Have experience developing and maintaining at least one of the following:
- back-end systems developed in Java/Scala, and ideally experience with Spring Framework
- Have knowledge and experience in agile/evolutionary architecture and patterns for resilient distributed systems, such as circuit breakers, timeouts, service discovery, distributed tracing
- Have experience building production systems that are observable
- Have experience with cloud computing services
- Have previous experience mentoring others, in formal or informal capacities
- Love writing quality code and leaving the code base better than how you found it
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?