Hiring — Strategic Partner Specialist
We’re looking for an organized and outgoing Strategic Partner Specialist who has excellent communication skills. You’ll have the chance to work with some of our mid-market customers — building, maintaining, and growing their membership businesses. And, you’ll be one of the first in the expansion of the strategic partnerships team.
You’re a self-starter who thrives in an autonomous environment. You deeply understand the world of memberships, the creator economy, and social media. You’re always thinking two steps ahead — how can I wow someone, unexpectedly? You’re excited and hungry to learn all aspects of a small, but mighty, membership-focused company. You’re passionate about helping creators get paid.
What you’ll work on:
- Own a handful of mid-market customers:
- Build trusted relationships.
- Thoughtfully articulate to a customer what they’re doing well in their membership and what they need to improve on.
- Help customers promote their membership effectively online.
- When met with questions, you’ll dig to find an answer — and if you can’t find one, you’ll work cross-functionally with the team to find one.
- Advocate for your customers to the team — proposing a problem and potential solution.
- Take ownership of making our top customers feel 100% supported and heard by Memberful.
- Participate in sales and onboarding calls.
- Update databases to keep track of high-priority customers.
- Help with expanding the Strategic team and customers.
- Assist with streamlining complex deals and onboarding processes.
- Identify potential leads based on successful Memberful customers.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong learner — able to quickly grasp several different products and how they interact. Bonus if you know WordPress, Zapier, Discord, Mailchimp/ESPs.
- Confidence and customer intuition — know when to give and when to push back.
- Ability to problem-solve and present solutions to the team clearly and concisely.
- Comfortable working autonomously — able to thrive in a remote, asynchronous environment.
- Skilled communicator — you know how to speak to customers in a confident, friendly, and clear way.
- Excited to develop an expertise in building and growing memberships!
- Work remotely from North America.
- Life-compatible hours. Results-based culture.
- Flexible vacation. Take it when you need it.
How to apply
If you think you'd be a good fit, email email@example.com with [Strategic Partner Specialist] in the subject and tell us why. We strongly favor candidates who put extra effort into their cover letter and application. Let us know why you want this job, not just any job.