The Amazon A to Z team enables the scaling of our hourly workforce. The A to Z mobile application directly impacts the lives of associates by helping them identify the best shifts for their schedule, opportunities to pick up additional work, and choose when they get paid. We are committed to helping associates achieve the work life harmony that is best for them. We are also committed to helping Amazon acquire, train, and retain associates to fulfill Amazon’s mission to be the world’s most customer centric company.
We are currently looking for a Support Engineer to help us scale our Business Operations Team. In this role you will solve technical problems for a million customers of A to Z. To do this you will need to dive deep into our technology, write scripts, build tools, publish SOP's to our Employee Response Center team. You will work closely with our software development and product teams to find solutions and recommend product improvements that solve root causes. You will set high expectations for quickly resolving customer facing problems and driving problems to root cause resolution. Finally, with your strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or relevant work experience.
· 2+ years experience in Linux support engineering, operations, maintenance, and process improvement
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Have worked on customer facing systems with knowledge of web and mobile software
· Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Strong understanding of the Linux platform with emphasis on command line operation
· Graduate degree or significant professional development in a relevant field of study
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.