Position: Full-time, permanent.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Schedule: 00:30 AM to 9:30 AM EDT
Here's what we do and why we do it.
Simply put, we will work together to simplify businesses' IT with cloud technology so they can focus on what really matters, making people’s lives better. Discover how we do that here: www.sherweb.com/about/
Here's how you will contribute to the success of the company.
Our team goal is to fix our clients' complex technical IT issues. You will contribute to this goal by being in charge of our environment for our night shift. More specifically, you will participate in maintaining the platform, monitoring services and managing incidents. Succeeding in this role implies offering reliable and efficient services to our business partners. To do so, you will collaborate with the Cloud infrastructure and services, software development and technical support teams.
Here's what your day-to-day will look like in this role.
- Provide advanced support and resolve incidents escalated by the Technical Support Team
- Investigate root causes of problems to determine how we can improve our various environments
- Manage monitoring, updating and reporting tools
- Work with the projects team to optimize and improve our environments
- Ensure the security and compliance of our technological environments
- Help the team automate processes and scripts related to the deployment and configuration of our applications
Here's what you need to have and master to get the job.
If you have at least half, you have a great chance to receive a call from us.
- DEC in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Available for our night shift: 00:30 AM to 9:30 AM EDT
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Systems Administration
- Solid expertise in troubleshooting, and automation
- Proven expertise in Microsoft and Linux Systems Management
- Professional skills in English and French
- Experience in one or several of the following technologies and systems will be considered an asset:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, 2016 et 2019
- Scripting and automation using PowerShell
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Lync
- Microsoft SQL server management
- Clustered and high availability environments
- You are autonomous and enjoy continually learning new technologies or services.
If you have these skills, you will fit right in with us.
Communication skills– Why? Because you will be expected to explain and vulgarize concepts by adapting the style and content of your messages to your audience (whether it’s internal client, external clients or your teammates).
Organization and resourcefulness– Why? Because we don’t believe in micromanagement. You will need to figure out solutions on your own by using your skills, your knowledge and any relevant information you can get your hands on.
Problem-solving skills– Why? Because when you will face a problem, you will first analyze the information before identifying the possible causes. You will then explore and implement the most efficient and logical solutions.
Adaptability– Why? Because our industry evolves constantly. You will have to adjust your thinking and methods to better suit new or unplanned situations (whether it’s for your daily tasks or your work environment).
Here's what you can expect from us.
We believe professional success is based on one's ability to build genuine relationships, to showcase her/his talent at every opportunity and to be a lifelong learner. If you share this vision, you will be pleased to find among us highly experienced professionals who will be happy to mentor or coach you. We will invest in your development. We will also provide you with the compensation and the opportunities that will help you make your aspirations a reality.
This is our team philosophy.
Technology is a promise of a better future and we want to build its foundation together. What unites our team is the sense of purpose we get from turning technological problems into practical and useful systems. That's who we are, not just what we do. If you share this philosophy, you might just be one of us. Send us your resume to tell us your story.