Is this the job for you?
* If you are an energetic go getter who never gives up on a problem until it is solved, we want you!
* If you crave variety, new challenges, and a fun work environment with an awesome team in a growing business with tons of career potential, this could be the job you’ve been looking for!
* If you want a team that was working remotely before COVID, working remotely during COVID, and will be working remotely after COVID, this is team for you!
* If your idea of a good day includes restoring databases, standing up new Moodle sites, tuning performance, and troubleshoot server issues, you are our type of person!
*Who Are We: eThink Education is a rapidly growing technology company with a passion for customer service. We work in education technology, so you or your family might already be using our products in K-12, Higher Education, or Corporate applications. Our product is cloud based and open source, which means we are fresh and fun – not a bureaucratic crew of outdated stuffed shirts sitting around tweaking screens on some software originally developed before WiFi.
What would you do:
* Spend your day in AWS – EC2, RDS, EFS, S3, ElastiCache, Route 53, and CloudWatch are key among other AWS offerings
* Configure server-side settings in a Linux environment supporting applications varying from aspell to Zend Framework.
* Tune settings for optimal performance based on varying customer demand in highly dynamic and configurable environments
* Install and troubleshoot Moodle, Moodle Workplace, and Totara along with several related plugins, modules, and 3rd party configurations
* Assist clients with network topology and configuration when establishing site-to-site VPN connections.
* Providing advanced technical support to clients via email, phone, or other methods by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding users through appropriate steps
* Documenting procedures and knowledge base articles throughout problem resolution and architecture development processes.
What we promise: It won’t be boring. You will have new challenges all the time. Your hard work will not go unnoticed or unrewarded. Your suggestions will be heard, and your voice will matter.
What we need from you:
* A fundamental knowledge of AWS offerings around compute services. AWS certifications are beneficial.
* Experience with programming or scripting languages such as PHP, Python, and BASH along with some exposure to the AWS command line interface.
* Knowledge of learning management systems such as Moodle, Moodle Workplace, or Totara
* Experience with LAMP stack: Linux, Apache, MariaDB/PostgreSQL/Aurora, and PHP
* Experience in database administration along with a fundamental understanding of structured query language.
* Knowledge of Active Directory, SMTP, DNS, VPN and network configurations
* Experience with higher education technology and academic environments
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Member of a somewhat lapsed DnD group and/or fan of Overwatch