The Amazon BADS (Business Analytics and Decision Support) team is seeking a Systems Engineer with an aptitude in data management who is excited to build on top of AWS services. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to build automation solutions for a highly scalable data platform using AWS technologies, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven, analytical, and strategic Systems Engineer with a strong skill sets in Python and a solid background with systems development. In this role, you will be working in a large, complex data driven automation environment. You should be passionate about coding optimized and efficient solutions, working with disparate data sources and bringing information together to answer critical business questions.
You should have deep expertise in the creation and management of data automation and the proven ability to translate data into meaningful insights through collaboration with analysts and engineers. In this role, you will share ownership of end-to-end development of systems engineering solutions to answer complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
The right candidate will possess excellent technical capability, be able to not only automate data ingestion at scale but also be flexibile in creating solutions within the AWS development platform to , onboard and integrate new and existing datasets, and be able to collaborate to analyze data that will answer those questions.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to display and develop your skills in the following areas:
· Create and manage automation solutions using AWS technologies on top of Python and Java programming languages.
· Prioritize and deliver structured and ad-hoc data automation projects.
· Troubleshoot and support new and existing coding solutions on Development, Beta and Production platforms following industry best practices.
Collect, analyze and present actionable data insights to drive operational support and logistics decisions.
· Build and Architect data or process related automation frameworks to accelerate the organizations scaling needs.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related technical discipline
· 3+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, or business intelligence with a track record of coding automation, manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Proven skillset in coding automation solutions using Python with the AWS SDK.
· Experience within Java as it relates to coding, integration and unit testing.
· Knowledge of object-oriented design and data structures
· Experience with AWS services – Redshift, Lambda, S3, SQS, and Kinesis
· Experience with NoSQL/SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redshift)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and coding strategy
· Experience with varying Python Packages, such as: Requests, Pandas, Boto or Flask.
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience deploying infrastructure as code (CloudFormation or AWS CDK preferred).
· Highly motivated, self-driven, capable of defining own design and test scenarios
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.