Hi, we are Maji
. We are a funded startup launching a new mobile social media platform with a twist on video content into the Asian market (Japan being our first). We have built our MVP and are now looking for a Tech Lead (Mobile) to join our team to lead our entire mobile development build and team.
We would love to share more about our app vision with selected candidates.
About the team and role
The 4 founders are based in Sydney, Australia. All founders are from top successful Australian startups and management consulting firms, coming together with their product experience to execute on an exciting vision.
We strive to be a top-notch engineering organisation with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth and hire, diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can trust.
We are looking for an exceptional engineering leader to join our team at Maji. As the main leader in the Engineering organisation, you will be a point person on driving execution, technical leadership, people development, recruiting top-level talent as well as hands-on development work.
Please note this role is remote, as we plan to build out a worldwide remote team. You will be working directly with the entire team, from CEO to product team.
- Drive great execution, work with the team to set clear goals, and deliver against them
- Recruit, inspire, and develop a high performing and creative engineering team
- Make important technical decisions on how the iOS and Android mobile application will be built and scaled
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people coach
- Implement and operate agile development best practices in a fast-paced environment
- Champion engineering excellence and culture, establish metrics for regular assessment/improvement
- Be able to scale the application to high performance to be usable by millions of users
Able to speak with business proficiency in Mandarin, Chinese. This is important as we plan to scale and quickly build our remote development team (largely based in China) which you will be responsible for leading and managing
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on technical development experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience managing a cross-functional engineering team
- Experience running the day-to-day agile/scrum process for an engineering team
- Experience programming in native languages in mobile iOS and/or Android
- Experience in scaling an application to large number of users
- Experience working with similar social media apps with a focus on video content
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status
$150,000 – $250,000 AUD, depending on experience