tl;dr: We would like to hire a Sales Executive to help us address the growing number of sales inquiries and expand the use of our CMS in the marketplace. Being the first hire of this type for us, he/she will also need to set up a comfortable and functional sales flow.
We're looking for a heavy-hitter to work full-time with our small, perfectly-oiled team.
Up to now, Matteo(who has a technical background) has been looking after both sales and support. Now that sales inquiries are growing in number, we would like to hire a proper Sales Executive to work alongside him and, in the future, to take over his role and use Matteo only as a technical Solutions Expert when needed.
While Matteo has done a terrific job so far, contracts are now a lot bigger and we want to make sure we're not leaving too much money on the table with inbound sales and, also, finally have the time to try to expand the use of our CMS in the marketplace with new outbound initiatives(a Partner Program, for example).
Being the first hire of this type for us, he/she will also need to set up a functional sales flow, and be extremely proactive and independent in their choices. We'll always be available to brainstorm your ideas and help you carry them out from a technical point of view, but we need your experience to decide which path the company should take.
We love juniors, but this role is for someone senior.
- You speak fluent English.
- You have a genuine passion for developer tools, APIs and CMSs, and the willingness to become an expert and share your passion and knowledge with our customers.
- You’re a natural and articulate communicator, able to liaise with customers in high volumes over email and calls.
- You have substantial experience building a small but efficient sales team.
- You’re excited about the idea of having to build everything from scratch and the freedom to choose what to work next.
- You have a proven track record of closing high volume sales leads.
- You’re highly organised and familiar with CRM organisation and task management.
- You know how to work independently and take responsibility.
- You’re persistent, resilient, thorough and patient with a solutions-focused approach.
- You’re eager to work both autonomously and as part of a team where everyone helps each other, collects insights and contributes towards the team’s progress and growth.
Big projects you’re likely to work on
- Set up a CRM and a proper way of managing sales/leads.
- Set up a Partner Program initiative.
- …whatever we feel is the right thing to do!
Why you might want to work with us
- We're tiny, so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through. You can have a huge impact here.
- We rarely have meetings.
- You’ll be working remotely, though we need you to have reasonable overlap with Italy's time zone(CET).
- You'll have a front-row seat at an early-stage, fast-growing company. If you hope to start your own thing someday, this could begood preparation.
Why you might not want to work with us
- We're still figuring out how we want to run the company, so some processes are missing or unrefined. If you need a lot of structure to thrive, this might not be ideal for you.
- We're a bootstrapped company, rather than VC-backed, so we don't offer equity as part of your compensation.
We're looking for someone great, not someone cheap. If you're expensive but incredible, we can make it work.
- 100% remote work, flexible working hours
- Base salary: 95-105k USD (per-hour rate w/time tracking)
- No commissions for inbound sales (we feel it's part of the job)
- 10-20% commission on cold leads/outbound sales.