Half Helix is a digital agency building, growing, and guiding the next generation of online companies. We work with exciting lifestyle brands such as Nike, Peloton Apparel, Rothys, Cravings by Chrissy Teigen, Soludos, Ulla Johnson, and much more. We are looking for a Technical Lead to join our team remotely.
Tech Leads are responsible for the technical direction of projects. Working closely with project managers, developers & designers, you'll guide how we approach mission critical features. You'll need to be comfortable working closely with clients and disseminating instruction to all teams in easy to grasp concepts. While the role is focused on leading over implementing, the ability to decipher merge requests, comprehend technical documentation and write prototypical code is essential.
Tech Lead Responsibilities
- Fully understand client objectives and project goals through performing interviews, reviewing documentation and interfacing with third-party vendors.
- Articulate suggested approaches through concise communication, eloquent functional specifications and clear diagrams.
- Identify risks, oversights and needs early. Work with the wider team to create solutions that speak well to client needs.
- Manage a number of projects in various states of development.
- Review others' code and ensure that project dev teams under your leadership are executing inline with the needs of projects.
- Write prototypical code to validate project assumptions via methods that are easily sharable and reusable.
- Ability to write & guide tests that assure core business requirements are met.
- Assist in advancing internal processes and tooling that compliment project success.
- 4+ years of web-based software architecture experience. This includes integrating with third-party APIs (handling throttle limits), creating custom API interfaces, working with background queues and jobs.
- 2+ years experience with Shopify as a platform.
- Knowledge of Ruby (RoR).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and speak up when needed in a fast-paced environment.
- The desire to design and lead implementations across backend and frontend codebases alike.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure.
- *AWS experience a plus.
- Great clients and experience
- Full health benefits
- Flexible time off
- Laid back working environment
- Annual offsite in Mexico
- Summer Fridays