Replay Poker (www.replaypoker.com
) was founded in 2005 and is one of the most popular free-to-play online poker sites.
Our vision is to be the #1 free poker destination for all passionate players and its communities. Our mission is to offer the best free poker room and community experience to all poker players in a fair, friendly and competitive environment.
We will succeed by offering an exceptional poker game experience and never losing our players’ trust. We celebrate the world’s greatest card game, its rich history and tradition, and seek to inspire others to share in our passion.
We're looking for a full-time Technical Manager to join our small team of highly technical and experienced developers geographically distributed working via Clubhouse, GitHub and Slack.
Key duties of the role include:
- Directly supervising the technical staff
- Hiring, keeping and growing the best talent
- Converting product vision into well executed products
- Working in partnership with our Chief Architect and Technical Lead to develop and maintain the technical roadmap.
- Working with the management team on strategy development
- Managing the budget for the tech team.
You will be managing our development and infrastructure teams who are working on a huge array of interesting problems to solve such as planning for and implementing a new frontend strategy to support mobile clients, optimizing our React poker client, migrating our old Backbone site to a new tech stack, clearing a lot of technical debt, preparing the platform for major scaling, adapting our product to run in geographically distributed datacenters while supporting a high speed, low latency game servers and optimising server to client communications.
- Poker lobby: Rails 5, migrating to 6, a single page application with Backbone.js that is being replaced with a new SPA in React
- Poker game server: Ruby, with an eye towards Elixir
- Poker game client: React/JS
- Other technologies used: MySQL, Postgres, Sidekiq, Redis, NodeJS, Go, Kubernetes and many more
- Have proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform at the highest level
- Have experience in defining, implementing, and oversee a highly effective and flexible development process that delivers on company goals and offers a collaborative welcoming environment for team members
- Have experience and expertise in growing and scaling software development teams, including hiring, developing, and retaining top talent within the industry
- Have proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development life cycle in an Agile environment
- Have the desire to build highly usable customer centric products with an intense focus on building secure and reliable systems
Ideally you should
- Have 5+ years in software development
- Have 2+ years experience leading (managing) and growing a small engineering team
- Have experience in gaming and mobile development
- Have experience at a small, rapidly growing startup
- Have experience teaching others best practices and mentoring junior developers
- Have professional experience working remotely
- Enjoy playing poker!
What we offer
- Plenty of autonomy for you to work the way you think you're most productive
- A flexible process with the focus on efficiency of working with minimal bureaucracy
- A mixture of fun and challenging projects working on a real-time game
- Competitive salary (negotiable and depending on experience/skills)