Technical Project Manager
We are on the lookout for a Technical Project Manager for our Zurich Hub! We see our Technical Project Managers as responsible for defining and suggesting the overall technical structure of a project. You’ll act as both a Technical Lead and overall Project Manager, overseeing web development projects and working at the forefront of it. You’ll guide a team of developers to build websites and software which our clients will love and you’ll be proud of.
As an Amazee, you’ll be working with a committed and open Drupal and React agency with a passion for engaging web design and digital experiences. Our services include experience design, web consulting and web development, as well as hosting and maintenance.
Great experience is key to who we are, both for our customers and our employees. We want to build great things and have fun doing it. We are proud to be a company that truly lives our values through our culture rather than lip service. We believe that offering trust, flexibility and responsibility to our employees allows them to grow faster, be happier, and perform better.
As a Technical Project Manager at Amazee you’ll:
- Align your project team with your client and their goal, and work together to build amazing things.
- Work collaboratively with both your team and your client’s technical leads in providing technical planning and solutions engineering,
- Guide during development and deployment in areas such as; systems architecture, plugin and module selection, integration and development of APIs, performance tuning, scalability, security etc.
- Develop user stories and steer requirements engineering. Your clients will look to you as the expert, and you’ll need to translate their business needs into real life, viable solutions.
- Use your experience with enterprise level web ecosystems, and enterprise web development more generally.
- Have fluent/near fluent written and spoken English communication skills, as well as German ideally.
- Drive and guide projects with your experience in Agile methodologies (Such as SCRUM or Kanban).
- Take an innovative approach to problem solving. We want your ideas!
The following would be Amazeeng (see what we did there) but not a must. It will certainly help you get up to speed quickly though:
- Experience working on Drupal/React web development projects.
- A combination of experience with any or all of the following: GraphQL, REST, React, Gatsby, or Vue.js (decoupled web architectures in general), Docker, Kubernetes, or Openshift.
- Previous experience working within an agency or working on similar projects in several industries.
- Experience with budget responsibility (e.g. in charge of managing and tracking the project budget).
Here's what we'll bring:
- An open and trusting culture, with flexibility, work/life balance, and employee empowerment.
- A company deeply committed to Open Source Software and the Open Source Communities.
- Biennial soft and hardware budget.
- After 3 years, you get to have an "Amazee Extreme" experience. A one month paid sabbatical for you to do something mentally or physically challenging.
- Attendance at Conferences and Camps to extend your knowledge.
- 1,500 CHF annual education budget for you to dedicate to your professional development and growth.
- 500 CHF annual wellbeing budget for you to dedicate to your physical or mental health.
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your technical knowledge, and anything else you think we should know.