About the job
Bridebook is the UK’s leading wedding planning app and website, providing planning tools, advice and a directory of venues and suppliers to engaged couples. We are bringing wedding planning into the modern age, using technology to make it as stress-free and rewarding as it should be. We have 2/3 of engaged couples in the UK using Bridebook and are present in 101 countries. This is just the beginning.
We are seeking an ambitious Technical Project Manager to join our growing team and help us shape the future of our product. You will be playing a key part in providing value and support to our cross-functional teams, helping us to innovate and build the website and app of Bridebook. You will be working closely with our dedicated team of developers, designers, analysts and product owners so that we can bring our product vision to life.
If you have the confidence, energy, and passion to take on this multifaceted, detail-oriented role, please get in touch!
- Managing resources across our cross-functional teams, understanding requests and issues, and communicating these effectively across relevant stakeholders to ensure each team is able to achieve its goals
- Working through difficult scenarios; mediating between competing interests and personalities to gain alignment and achieve an accurate prioritisation of projects
- Working in close collaboration with engineers, designers, data scientists, and product owners to distil technical requirements into easily actionable user stories or specifications
- Thinking critically to properly assess risk and scope, eliminate blockers and achieve on-time deliveries
- Developing new processes as well as maintaining / enhancing our existing ones in order to maximise efficiency and collaboration across our teams and help cultivate an innovative and supporting working environment
- Working with the Head of Product to ensure the delivery of the product roadmap
- Working closely with our Head of QA to ensure all new features have been properly tested prior to release and that they are of the highest quality across all platforms
- You have 3-5 years experience as a technical project manager or program manager in a highly technical and agile-focused environment
- You have a methodical, thorough and detail-oriented approach to your work
- You are a self-starter and know how to get things done
- You have solid technical acumen and the ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- You demonstrate very strong organisational skills and have the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively under pressure
- You are an analytical thinker, using data and metrics when approaching and resolving issues
- You are able to collaborate with different stakeholders and develop productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and at all levels
- You are assertive and strong-willed, but diplomatic; you have good negotiation skills
- You have experience using Jira, Excel and other project management tools
What we offer
- Bridebook operates under enhanced holiday allowance, increasing one day for every complete year of employment. We also offer a paid Christmas shutdown break between 25 Dec - 1 Jan. All this is in addition to bank holidays and company holiday days.
- Although our team is fully remote during COVID, we are sure to host various virtual events such as boxing, chess tournaments, yoga, cooking classes, book clubs and pub quizzes.
- Access to a learning and development budget as well as a book allowance
Apply for the job
At Bridebook we believe in our fantastic team and in creating an exciting and unique culture. The role of Technical Project Manager offers the opportunity to grow and develop your skills into new areas while working in a vibrant, social and collaborative environment — interacting with various talented teams of people who love what they do.
Do you want to join our team as our new Technical Project Manager? Then we'd love to hear about you!