MessageMedia provides innovative mobile messaging solutions that help businesses of all sizes – from SMBs to enterprise-level – better connect with customers. With 90 percent of messages read within 90 seconds, MessageMedia drives business success by creating engaging mobile experiences that customers love. Our messaging solutions for alerts and notifications, billing and payments, appointment reminders, marketing, and staff scheduling are trusted by over 50,000 customers in industries such as healthcare, education, retail, and utilities. With offices across Australia, United States, United Kingdom, and New Zealand, MessageMedia is the number one choice for easy and engaging business messaging.
Due to growth within the business, MessageMedia is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join their team. This newly created role will be involved in assisting external and internal customers by monitoring, investigating, and troubleshooting technical issues and incidents. Additionally, this role will support our customers throughout the entire customer lifecycle, including provisioning, onboarding, and maintenance.
This role will be working remote and the successful candidate can be located anywhere in the United States. This is not an IT Support position – you will be supporting MessageMedia customers with our SMS platform and technical issues related to messaging.
Key responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist will include:
- Being the first point-of-contact for internal and external customers for all technical inquiries
- Taking phone calls and emails from customers about their technical needs
- Actioning requests in a timely manner and in accordance with SLAs
- Showcasing product demos and onboarding new customers
- Troubleshooting technical issues through to resolution, escalating to level 2 support where needed
- Logging all incidents/interactions in relevant CRMs and ticketing tools (Salesforce/JIRA)
- Being knowledgeable and hands-on with a wide variety of internal API’s and their core capabilities
- A subject matter expert in all MessageMedia’s products
- Ensuring customer expectations are met while assisting with onboarding activities
- Assisting with development and improvement of technical support policies and procedures
- Being available to work on a rotating on-call weekend roster
The successful candidate will need to:
- Understand what an API is and able to execute basic HTTP requests with programs such as Postman
- Have previously worked for a Saas/Technology company· Ideally have a Bachelor of business information systems or similar
- Have an understanding in developing and supporting programming languages such as Java, PHP, SOAP, REST
- Be a customer orientated problem solver
- Be a self-starter, team player, positive and engaged to drive the success of clients and customer experience
- Have Intermediate knowledge using Microsoft Excel
- Have analytical skills including data manipulation, analysis, and reporting
- Strong stakeholder management, project management, and time management skills
- Ability to communicate technical speak in business terms
- Will be a bonus if you have previous experience in SMS routing and troubleshooting
If you are looking to work for a company that is growing, then apply now for this exciting opportunity!
Please note, after applying you will receive an email with a few short screening questions from our recruitment system 'Breezy'.