At Surge IO
, with 80+ million monthly visitors, our primary goal is to engage readers with story-telling. We create, distribute and manage premium content across multiple partner sites with titles including TheBlast.com.
We harness vast amounts of user data to understand what is trending, what performs the best, and where our audiences spend their time. Our premium content delivery technology plus our real time analytics gives writers the tools to write their best. At Surge IO, we believe in continuous innovation, collaboration and improvement.
Our Core Values: Innovation, Adaptivity, Creativity, and Independent Team Players
We're looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer who is an expert in aesthetics and the user experience. Someone who loves experimenting and trying new things but genuinely cares about the visual design and our users. We are constantly growing and changing, so the candidate needs to be confident using their design skills for many different moving parts. Ultimately, you'll create both functional and appealing features that meet our and our clients’ needs. You will be an essential part of our 100% remote company.
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and brings bold thinking to the organization. It is essential that you are adaptable and a team player. We are a remote lean startup operating multiple properties with a huge focus on innovation, growth and collaboration.
- Design platforms, websites, training documents, widgets, and more!
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows or similar design tools
- Evaluate user behaviors and give guidance for improvement
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and management to brainstorm design ideas
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers, engineers and management
- Create direction for design projects and guide team members
- Communicate productively with the team and management to keep them up-to-date with project milestones and accurate timelines
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Stay up to date with industry trends
- Have a strong focus on style standards such as fonts, colors and images
- Produce consistently excellent visual work
- Mix both beautiful and functional elements to create great products
- Make informed critical decisions on your designs that anticipate user's interactions
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Must be proactive, resourceful and autonomous, with little need for supervision due to remote work
- A full and fluent knowledge of current design tools and softwares
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills to collaborate with team members and management
- Great attention to detail
- Confidence to be bold with your work
- The ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Comfortable giving opinions, asking questions and suggesting solutions
- Enjoy working on a team and listening to different opinions
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including your portfolio *we will not accept applications without portfolios
. Apply here:https://surgeio.typeform.com/to/MyrQ6Wtz