Codeable connects a community of elite WordPress development experts from around the world with businesses that need a WordPress site built, developed, maintained, fixed or optimised. We’re the only WordPress exclusive services platform and community, with over 500 freelance developers and teams, delivering projects of all sizes to clients globally.
Our mission is to build the most vibrant WordPress developer services community and to create a better way of working for all parties in the WordPress ecosystem when it comes to WordPress websites, whether that’s for developers, clients, or partners.
To serve our mission and bring our platform experience to the next level, we’re now looking to hire an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our fully-distributed team, and to lead on our activities in this area (as the sole UX/UI designer on the team).
What you’ll be doing
You will be working with a cross-functional team based in Europe to improve the existing product and launch new product features on our platform. You will be involved at every step of the product development process, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. You will be using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills to:
- Collaborate with our product team and business stakeholders to define user problems and needs based on research and quantitative data.
- Design at all levels of fidelity including user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual designs, and detailed interactions for a product at scale — taking into consideration the full customer journey, touchpoints, mobile, and product experience.
- Work with developers to oversee and review the building process to ensure a polished experience for both customers and experts.
- Conduct user interviews and tests regularly, as well as review product performance metrics and reports. Iterate on designs according to the gathered data and feedback.
- Maintain and improve our design system and assets according to best practices.
- Have a strong vision for the product in relation to how it can improve and evolve to help Codeable achieve its objectives, and how it can create a great experience for all users on the platform in the process
How we work
- We are a fully distributed team, so we use a combination of Slack, internal blogs and online meetings to communicate and collaborate. Frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- We are not obsessed with tracking hours, setting schedules and managing your time. We expect you to have a strong self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- We default to trust and care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in.
- We are very serious about our work, but also take fun seriously. We give ourselves 32 days of paid vacation time, always appreciate a good joke and tend to not take ourselves too seriously.
- 5+ years of UX/UI design experience in web and mobile
- A strong portfolio and track-record of successful product iterations
- Ability to conduct effective user interviews/tests, to synthesize learnings and communicate them to other team members
- Mastery of fundamental design principles, user-centered design process, and design methodology as applied to applications delivered via the web and mobile
- Know-how to create low and high fidelity interactive prototypes, plus the ability to present those prototypes to team members from different backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and consistency in design
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills in English
- Comfortable working in a distributed environment, with a high degree of personal autonomy and responsibility
- Ready and able to lead our UX/UI activities, and act as the senior stakeholder for this area; you may have been a lead already or you may be a senior UX/UI designer who wants to step-up into a lead role
- A degree or other training relevant to UI/UX and/or visual design
- Experience with multi-sided marketplaces
- An understanding of client-developer and/or client-designer relationships while working on a per project basis.
- Experience/knowledge of WordPress and/or its community
How to apply
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, send us your resume, a portfolio, and a quick cover letter answering the following questions:
- There are a lot of UX/IU Designer roles out there. What has interested you in this role in particular?
- What tools do you use in order to keep yourself organised and productive as a UX/UI designer?
- Qualitative vs. Quantitative research: Which is better and why?
- Tell us about a time where you redesigned an experience or flow. What was the goal? How did you go about that and what were the results?
- What would your focus and priorities be in the first 30 days in the role, if you were to get it, as you establish yourself?
- What does being a UX/UI design lead mean to you?
We’ll try to get back to all candidates within 2 weeks from your application.
What our selection process looks like
- All candidates go through an initial resume screening process.
- We then invite all shortlisted ones for an online interview with us. The goal of this interview is to get to know each other better.
- If we find we’re a good fit, we’ll send you a trial task to work on. During this trial task period, you will be able to get in touch with us to ask questions if needed.
- If we’re happy with the outcome of your work, we’ll invite you to a 2nd interview. The goal of this interview is to discuss your work and give you the opportunity to walk us through your problem solving process.
- If the 2nd interview goes well too, we’ll send you a job offer and keep our fingers crossed you’ll accept it :)