Beyond Pricing is seeking a Vice President of Engineering to join the executive team and lead the company through its next critical point in scale. Reporting to co-founder & CEO David Kelso, this person will be responsible for executing on the company’s strategic technology roadmap and building a world-class engineering organization.
As the VP Engineering, you will lead all engineering activities globally, and build on a strong foundation in technology to deliver a world-class set of products that empower our customers. Through your strategic contributions and operational leadership, you will be instrumental in helping Beyond Pricing achieve the extraordinary.
What You’ll Do:
- Attract, develop, and motivate teams to build innovative products in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, results-oriented company focused on the delivery of superior customer experience.
- Foster a people-first engineering culture that balances reducing scope, shipping early, and building code for the long-term.
- Ensure high velocity of development and releases, where team members take ownership and strive to identify ways to drive revenue for our customers (and for us).
- Establish and evolve processes and infrastructure to manage, enable, guide, and scale a fast-growing engineering organization.
- Define challenging objectives and key results together with the team, monitor progress, eliminate roadblocks, and prevent distractions.
- Bring thought leadership to advance the overall state of technology and customer focus for the entire engineering organization.
What You’ll Get Out of It:
- You will be the engineering representative of the executive team at a company led by a CEO / co-founder with an engineering background.
- Unique opportunity to build company-defining products for global customers in both B2B and consumer-facing segments.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who move fast and love working on hard problems.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Demonstrated ability to attract top talent and build high performing teams, successfully scaled globally distributed engineering organizations from 25 – 100+.
- A passion for professional development and mentorship that provides a vibrant growth path for team members.
- A track record of building and launching high-growth, data-centric, modern SaaS products that work across an ecosystem of technical partners.
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap.
- The ability to energize, inspire and motivate; great acquirer and developer of talent. You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Excellent communication of technical and non-technical information across all levels of the organization.
Our engineering team operating principles:
- Reduce scope - the best way to ship fast is to ship less. We scope our projects as small as possible so we can reduce the work required to create value.
- Ship early - shipping early lets us get feedback from the people who are invested in the result sooner rather than later.
- Iterate and improve - we listen to the feedback after we ship early. We take the time to iterate on code until it solves the problem and we’re proud of it.
- Take ownership - sometimes we ship things that aren’t perfect. We take ownership of the code we ship to maintain and improve it.
- Drive revenue - we are always thinking about how the code we’re writing affects the top line of the company.
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.