Technically, you don’t have to love bees to get this job. But if bees are your thing, that’s cool too - we don’t judge.
Who Are We?
Now that you know we’re not bee obsessed weirdos, you probably want to get to know us a little better (and we’re glad you do!).
Lemonpie is a full-service podcast PR and production agency helping brands use podcasting to grow.
We serve our clients by helping them launch and produce podcasts that reach their dream audience and customers.
What We Need
Main Goal: An experienced, self-driven, and proactive human who meshes well with our ambitious and fun team.
Stretch Goal: The above + someone who gives Ron Burgundy his due respect.
You’ll be helping our clients grow their businesses through podcasts that we create for them (many times, these podcasts are the core pillar of their entire marketing engine).
This is a client facing role (after an initial training period), so having a way with words via email, phone, and handwritten letters is a must.
Guest Prospecting - Building dream lists of potential guests that would be perfect to appear on our clients podcasts
Outreach & Pitching - Crafting personal and compelling email, video, and social media pitches to business leaders, thought leaders, experts, and other perfect guests in order to secure interviews on our clients shows
Client Management - Corresponding with clients about new interviews you have booked for them, answer any questions they might have, and ensure we are delivering on the results we have guaranteed them
Project Management- Keeping our project management systems up to date (Asana + Basecamp) in real-time so we can best track client deliverables
Random Acts of Kindness - Sending handwritten notes + gifts to guests when there's an opportunity to do so
The Starting Line
- You take pride in creating engaging, creative, and persuasive pitch emails.
- You are a generalist with a broad understanding of business. You’ll be working with podcasts from various industries. It could be a SaaS podcast, or a show about the safety industry. Without being an expert in the industry, you’ll have to help identify and reach out to the perfect guests in those industries.
- You have an upbeat, bubbly, and friendly personality that shines through virtual communication. We’re a company run by young, talented, and fun individuals. If you don’t laugh at a good meme or get sarcasm we may not be a great fit.
- You’re a good human (if you’ve ever kicked an animal that wasn’t attacking you or cursed at a homeless person please don’t apply).
- On more than one occasion people (not your parents) have complimented how proactive you are.
- You have internal motivation (we’re a fully remote company that does not micromanage).
- Must live in the United States.
The Finish Line
- You are coachable and ego doesn’t get in your way (you’re happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks).
- You can balance multiple projects at the same time (attention to detail test - use the word "apple" somewhere in your application).
- You know the inner workings of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs in a way that others may find disturbing.
The Victory Lap (ideally)
- You have 1+ years of experience securing and managing guests for podcasts.
- You’re familiar with Asana, Basecamp, and Mailshake (or tools like it).
- You’re a podcast fan.
Culture and Benefits
We work really hard to make working at Lemonpie an amazing experience. We have a team full of truly exceptional people - the kind you’ll be excited to work with.
Here’s how we operate:
Live And Work Where You Want - We’re a distributed team, so you can live and work wherever you want (from your house, favorite coffee shop, co-working space, etc.). For our ideal candidate, proximity won’t influence their productivity because they are internally motivated. Our only requirement is that you have a reliable internet connection and can focus on work during work time!
Unlimited Paid Vacation - We want you to take vacation. In fact, we have a minimum vacation policy of three weeks per year (not including holidays). It’s important to get out and do something. We’ll look forward to seeing pictures when you get back.
Flexible Hours - As long as you’re available during core business hours and keeping full-time hours (7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm, etc.), we’ll work with you to create a schedule that’s optimal for you.
Monthly Remote Stipend - For some, working remotely means lots of coffee shops, a co-working space, or let’s face it - needing more loungewear. We provide a $100 monthly stipend for whatever you need.
Personal & Professional Growth - We’re serious about helping you improve your craft. Think conferences, books, dedicated time away from work to learn something new…it’s really up to you, but we love to see our people growing.
Let’s Do This Thing
If this sounds like everything you’ve been waiting for, consider this our formal invitation to apply.
Note: If we like your application we will ask you to complete a test project free of charge to give us a better idea of how you operate hands-on. The work completed in said test project isn’t used for anything outside of gaining perspective on your work.
Thanks so much for your time - we know you could be on IG right now, but chose to be here with us instead and we’ll never forget that.