ON is a fast-moving, design-minded technology partner - building compelling and high-impact digital experiences. We work with top-tier design studios, and brands that value design and user experience, across a wide range of sectors.
As a fast-growing business, we’re looking for design-savvy web developers to join our multidisciplinary team of technologists, designers, strategists and researchers.
We are passionate about delivering exceptional digital experiences, and ensuring that the design vision of our partners is carried through to reality - in function, form and motion.
If that sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to chat.
About the role
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- We’re headquartered in London, but we’re also a remote-first company, and happy to accept candidates from anywhere in the UK
- You’ll be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of technologists, designers, strategists and researchers to deliver digital projects for clients
- You’ll report directly to the technical director at ON
- You will have the freedom to work across a range of technologies
- It never gets boring - client projects can vary greatly in scope and challenge, and you can expect to rotate between projects at least one a month
- You’ll have the opportunity to manage and mentor more junior members of the team
We are looking for someone that is passionate, humble, and detail oriented. The kind of person who loves to problem solve and build products that they can be proud of.
- 3+ years of experience in coding commercially
- Excellent grasp of HTML and SCSS
- Experience with React, and specifically with Next.js or Gatsby
- Experience of translating designs (e.g. Figma or Sketch) to working code
- Good time management abilities
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of using git and team collaboration
- A can-do attitude, and happy to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience working with APIs, both from the frontend and backend
- Design / UX skills
- Experience of launching or migrating websites
- Basic to intermediate SEO understanding and skills
- Experience with helping to mentor and lead junior developers
As part of a fast-growing team, we expect a lot from our team, but also make sure that you have the support you need to deliver and to grow - both personally and professionally. As well as working with a dynamic, diverse and multidisciplinary team, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Remote working as standard
- 28 days paid holiday per year, plus one extra for each year of service
- The latest Apple laptop and an external monitor
- Work from home allowance
- Pension contribution
- Funding and resources to continue professional development
We are committed in our journey to eliminating discrimination, encouraging and valuing diversity amongst our workforce. We welcome enquiries from everyone.
Job posted 2021-03-10