Hi, thanks for reading about our Weekend Support Specialist opportunity! We're glad you're here.
We're Knack, a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to easily build custom apps, workflows, and databases.
We're looking for an outstanding Weekend Support Specialist to join our Customer Success team. As a Weekend Support Specialist, a big part of your role is to cover support on Saturdays and Sundays while the rest of the team is offline. We're looking for someone who is self-motivated, independent, and calm under pressure to help make sure that Knack keeps running smoothly. The role is Thursday through Monday, during US business hours.
Our Customer Success team is about much more than just responding to customer issues. We strive to understand how our customers find value, how they use our product, and where they struggle -- then make that knowledge count by utilizing it to make our product and their experience with Knack amazing.
And did we mention we're looking for someone who is self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
Role & Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Guide customers through learning to use Knack and help them with troubleshooting issues through email and our in-app messenger.
- Handle weekend emergencies and urgent issues during US business hours by assisting on-call team members in information gathering and troubleshooting while keeping impacted customers updated on the issue and its resolution.
- Speed up the resolution of issues by gathering information, reproducing issues, and recognizing patterns so we’re ready to tackle them as soon as the team is back online.
- Improve our product by gathering customer feedback and, over time, recognizing patterns and areas where customers are struggling that we need to address.
- Advocate for our customers and work with our product team to help them understand what changes should be prioritized.
- Help improve our knowledge base and other support materials by recommending updates to existing content and making suggestions for new support content.
- Contribute to our internal support team resources, including writing canned responses, adding to our internal knowledge base, and making suggestions for improving processes.
- Be the face of the company. Our customers interact with our Success team more than any other team in our company. When our customers think of Knack, they will think of the experiences they have with you.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Patient, empathetic, and enjoys working with customers. You don’t just want to resolve an issue. You get a kick out of making a customer’s day better and putting them at ease.
- Experienced in customer support. You’ve been in the trenches and understand both the incredible value that customer support provides and the work that it takes to give customers a great experience.
- Comfortable working independently and finding answers without always having the option to ask someone. You’ll be the only person working on Saturday and Sunday, so you’ll be on your own two out of the five days you work.
- Comfortable with complexity. Knack is a big product that can deliver real value in multiple ways, sometimes with creative approaches. You aren’t afraid to dig deep into a big technical product.
- Excellent at written communication. You can break down complex topics into easy-to-follow guidance while being friendly and professional.
- Experienced in fast-paced, high stress situations. Being alone two days a week means handling an occasional emergency. You can see to the heart of the issue and get resolution quickly while helping ease the customer's concerns.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
Benefits & Perks
The biggest benefit is getting to work alongside our awesome team of Knacksters. We're a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either:
Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It's not about separation, it's about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You'll get required days off for birthdays and Knackiversaries.
Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company--we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow:
- Long-term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, conferences, and workshops.
- Get dedicated support from a success mentor who'll fast-track your on-boarding and give you the tools you need to be successful.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Knack welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We're proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
How To Apply
Are you currently so excited to apply that you can barely type? Then we want to hear from you!
Please check out our applicant handbook
to learn more about the position and our company, including what we're looking for in your application and throughout the hiring process, the day-to-day of someone in this role, what long-term growth can look like, etc.
We review applications in batches, so don't worry if you don't hear from us right away. Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit. We're also big believers in paid trials whenever logistically possible.
Please note that we can currently only accept applications from those qualified to work in the US.