About the Role
Our engineering team consists of engineers that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well rounded engineer by working on different parts of the engineering stack. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Collaborate with other developers, product managers and UI/UX team to build out our Web Application, Mobile app and API.
- Extend our platform APIs using Ruby on Rails.
- Build for scale, availability, performance and security across the stack.
- Deliver quality software through comprehensive code reviews and automated testing.
- Prepare and maintain the design documents.
- Coach and partner with other software engineers on best practices.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in backend development.
- Strong design and development experience with Ruby on Rails or similar languages like Java or Python.
- Experience with web frameworks, web services, API design and development.
- You are focused on producing high quality software, test cases and monitoring tools.
- You deeply understand relational database systems and schema design, preferably have experience with NoSQL solutions like Redis or Cassandra.
- You have developed RESTful or GraphQL APIs.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Mentor engineers. You are able to lead by example consistently.
- You are inclined to take ownership of tasks you and your teammates are working on.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.