At Leadfeeder, we hire talented, motivated movers, shakers and thinkers who believe in our vision to help businesses maximize sales through identifying, qualifying and connecting with the companies visiting their website. Our philosophy is to challenge the norm, be a changemaker and be part of a remote team that isn’t deterred by time, borders or language.
Why Choose Leadfeeder
Leadfeeder is a remote-first, market-leading company with a solid, scalable business model. We have focused on sustainability whilst maintaining hyper-growth. In 2020, Leadfeeder has successfully moved from start-up to scale-up, and now we need to find the right talent to fuel our next stage of growth. We are currently a diverse team of over 100 people in 25 countries, with the aim to double our size by 2022.
About this job
Ruby on Rails engineers at Leadfeeder work mainly on our backends: building APIs, background data processing flows, and integrations. Being a very data-intensive application, much of the work on the backend involves optimising and effectively using various databases – Cassandra, AWS RDS & Aurora, Elasticsearch and Redis, to name a few.
Our backend consists of multiple small-to-medium-sized Ruby on Rails apps and uses serverless components (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis) on the side. We pride ourselves on keeping apps working smoothly, and the codebase tidy and well-tested. We dedicate time for upgrades, refactoring, and overall improvements for developer productivity and happiness.
For people with skills and interest, we offer possibilities to work on our Ember.js frontend too, enabling people to grow to a fullstack role. Equally, there are opportunities to learn and be involved in infrastructure, DevOps and serverless development.
- Developing new features together with your squad
- Build internal and public APIs
- Build, benchmark and optimise our core backend components
- Helping operate our production environments on AWS
- Providing code reviews to your peers
Essentials skills and expertise:
- 2+ years work experience writing maintainable and well-tested Ruby on Rails apps
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Skills and the right mentality for test automation
- Be physically located in Europe
- Experience working with various APIs
- DevOps, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Serverless computing, AWS stack in particular
- The chance to work with a very knowledgeable, high-achieving, and fun team
- An international, diverse, fast-paced, and results-oriented work environment
- The opportunity to work remotely, with a flexible work schedule
- A competitive salary
- Bi-annual company retreats in sunny locations (currently remote, but we’ll resume as soon as traveling restrictions allow it)
Our hiring process:
After we've received and reviewed your application, there are a number of stages in our process.
- Initial video call. You'll get to learn more about the role and our company, and we'll learn how you communicate and what are you looking for in the job.
- Technical interview. Qualified candidates proceed to our technical interview, where we ask more in-depth technical questions.
- Home assignment. We'll test your coding skills in building a small application. You can do this at home on your own time. The assignments usually take about 4-6 hours to complete.
- Assignment review and skills interview. After our team has reviewed your assignment, we invite you to the next interview. We'll provide feedback and ask questions about your code. This interview also includes some pair-programming, where we do some improvements or additional features to your project.
- Culture interview. The final step before decisions. Great cultural fit is highly important in our remote team. We also want to give you as much as possible information on how it is to work at Leadfeeder and what our culture is like.
All interviews are done remotely over video calls, but of course if you happen to be in the same city with some of our team members we're happy to organize a meeting on site.
If this role excites you and sounds like a great fit, please apply!