We are a fully remote startup (headquartered in Canada) building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s making software to help sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation app that helps you find contact data right inside your browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We are currently a team of 11 people -- you will be #12 🙂
Our entire company works remotely from multiple cities around the world.
We are self-funded and profitable (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers.
Authoritative leadership style is practiced here, where the overall goal is given and you have the freedom to choose your own way of achieving it.
We have balanced working hours (~8 hours/day), don’t work weekends, and take ample time off. We don’t have any “managers” and we rarely do any internal meetings.
We understand the importance of work/life balance which is why we are one of few that offer Fridays off in the summer ☀️
ABOUT THE ROLE
This unique role is a blend of the traditional Sales Development (“SDR”) and Account Executive (“AE”) roles.
In the first 3 months, you will:
- Source new leads (using Prospect 🙂)
- Send cold emails and make cold calls
- Schedule meetings for a seasoned sales rep on the team
Once you’re fully ramped up, in the next 3 months you are expected to:
- Keep prospecting and booking meetings
- Start doing your own sales calls and demos
Once you’ve grown into the role, your final responsibilities will be:
- Finding your own prospects
- Booking meetings with them
- Doing your own demos
- Negotiating and closing deals
We’ve set this “full stack sales” role up this way so that you’re always growing and exposed to new challenges instead of being forced into one very specific responsibility.
You are creative and tech-savvy. You realize that your prospects get flooded with cold emails and you look for ways to stand out from the crowd. Experience with outbound software (Outreach.io, Salesloft) and other sales tech (Vidyard, Cirrus Insight) is a big plus!
You focus on quality over quantity. You believe that it is better to write ten high-quality cold emails versus one hundred cookie-cutter emails.
You don’t make excuses. You realize that there will always be objections and you get a thrill from dealing with them.
- 1+ years experience in an SDR or Account Executive role
- You’ve worked in a sales role (inbound or outbound) at SaaS company
- You’re familiar with using Salesforce (CRM)
- Experience using Outreach.io or SalesLoft
- Worked at a startup
- Past experience working remotely
- Familiarity with lead databases (Zoominfo, DiscoverOrg, etc)
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Salary: $80,000 Canadian dollars (OTE; $40,000 base, $40,000 commission)
- $1,500 annual continued learning budget (for books, courses, and self-improvement)
- $1,000+ annual travel spending allowance (money to spend during your vacation)
- Flexible working hours (4 hour overlap with EST and the remaining 4 flexible)
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Benefits (health, dental, etc) through our company HSA (for people living in Canada)