The Speaker Lab is looking for a full-time (40 hours/week) Sales Development Rep to assist in the growth of our company.
Under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Director of Sales, this position will be responsible for creating an official process for nurturing inbound and outbound leads into calendar appointments for our enrollment advisers.
You will be responsible for generating 60 calendar appointments per month leading to 8 enrollments per month.
- Generate new calendar appointments through inbound and outbound prospecting.
- Effectively move leads through the revenue pipeline in collaboration with the marketing and sales team.
- Successfully produce SQLs for the sales team to close.
- Optimize the inbound and outbound prospecting strategy utilizing email, phone calls, personalized video, social media, etc.
- Build long-term relationships and utilize networks to expand influence and thought leadership.
- You have entry level to 2 years work experience in related field (sales).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively via phone, email, and sms.
- You are organized, goal-oriented and metrics driven. Whether you choose to write out your to-do list or use a calendar management tool to create your schedule, maintaining a solid schedule is critical to mastering the cadence for outreach and interactions with prospects.
- You're comfortable on screen. You're open to creating short, engaging video clips (no more than two minutes) during which you introduce yourself, deliver value with a quick tip, and ask to schedule a call.
- A high-energy go-getter with a "can do" attitude who can collaborate with colleagues.
- You have a figure-it-out attitude. Even if you've never used a specific tool before, you know how to use google, teach yourself, and figure it out. Generally, others would describe you as "technologically savvy" and quick to learn new concepts.
- You know how to balance quantity and quality when prospecting.
- You are resilient. Most of your time will be spent sending emails and making calls. It can be exhausting.
- You are coachable. You proactively seek out coaching from high-performing peers and crave honest feedback from your manager. Getting real-time feedback is best, but you can also build out a list of all the questions or challenges you faced in a given week and debrief with your manager during a scheduled one-on-one.
- You are self-aware. You're aware of your strengths and weaknesses. This will help you create strategies for dealing with a bad call or rejection. You will be able to analyze your own performance, both the wins and setbacks, and reflect on what went well and what didn't.
- You are a curious learner. You follow the industry leading blogs (HubSpot, Marketo, etc.) and are always looking for ways to level up in your skill set.
This role is remote and we prefer North American time zones. We operate by normal business hours, but this position is flexible and you'll have some freedom in when and where you'll work. It's more important to us that you accomplish certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than needing to constantly clock in/clock out (lame).
We don't micromanage you. Rather, we expect you to be a leader. You will be a daily "in-the-weeds" operator as well as strategizing and leading in this area. Eventually, you will hire and manage other reps to grow this area of the organization.
You'll get a base salary but will be heavily compensated on commission. Expected annual compensation is between $40K-$60K.
A Bit About Us
Here at The Speaker Lab, we help speakers build and grow their business. We do this through many free products such as our podcast, YouTube videos, and blog but we also offer paid digital training through our online courses and training programs.
We've helped thousands of speakers spread their message all over the world. If that's appealing to you, we'd love for you to join us.
We do work that matters and we do it in a fun way with a top-notch team of people. We are a virtual company so everyone works remote (but Grant does his best to recruit us to Nashville).
We believe that who you are is more important than what you do. Yes, your work matters and we have high standards, but we also care about you as a human. So we prioritize having fun and enjoying life.
We're a fast-growing company that has grown 189% over the past 3 years and we have continued to experience growth even amidst this pandemic. Our core team of 16 people is located all across the US.
We give speakers clarity, confidence, and a clear path to make an impact.
Our Core Values
- Ownership: We believe ownership means that when you identify a problem, you take responsibility for the solution, and you follow through on the implementation.
- Growth: We believe growth means cultivating a culture that encourages challenging the status quo, evolving to meet market needs, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- People: We believe people matter so we serve them by respecting their journey, celebrating their success, building long-term relationships and helping them achieve fulfillment in their work.
Apply by Monday, March 29th (We're pretty into deadlines.) We look forward to hearing from you!