About this role
As an Inside Sales Rep for LearnCube, this fully remote role will be responsible for building new business relationships and selling education solutions for our clients in North America & Europe.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial sales-focused individual who is passionate about customer satisfaction and helping improve education. Not only will you be working with a pretty cool team of people, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
You will be expected to prospect, research, contact and close new business opportunities, particularly with owners of tutoring companies based in the United States & Europe.
LearnCube, a fast-growing virtual classroom software startup, is perfectly placed to help the millions of teachers and students that need a solution given the huge disruption Covid-19 has caused.
Our mission is to transform live online education. We do this through our award-winning online classroom, by helping education entrepreneurs succeed online, from the individual tutor, to some of the world’s largest tutoring companies. We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel.
We’re a leading edtech SAAS provider and our customers are individual tutors, edupreneurs, online language schools and tutoring companies. A 6-year-old company based in London, we have a vibrant “remote-first” culture with people from the United States, New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa and many more.
We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. We have a strict no d***head policy. Everyone on the team is a self-starter, contributes, has a valued opinion and is committed to our mission of transforming online education. #nomicromanaging.
As a company, we're transparent with monthly updates on all aspects of the business and as a team, we communicate seamlessly with a mix of meetings with team members, 1:1's, Slack channels and weekly socials to keep it fun and give everyone enough face-time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for researching, identifying and qualifying new opportunities
- Connecting with cold prospects via email & video call
- Making outbound calls and emails to foster relationships with new prospects
- Accountable for hosting product demonstrations via LearnCube’s Virtual Classroom
- Collaborating with the rest of the team on sales, marketing and support initiatives & systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with customers and colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- 1-3 years of sales experience (bonus if in education or SaaS)
- Strong interest in building a career in sales
- Shows initiative; a self-starter with a proactive attitude
- Native/Non-native English speaker.
- Some experience with academic (online) tutoring, teaching, education, technology would be useful
- Second language would be a bonus (Mandarin, German, Arabic, Spanish & French are all especially helpful)
- Ability to adapt and grow (startup life isn’t a straight line)
What you’ll receive:
- A competitive salary
- Bonus structure based on performance
- Freedom to live wherever you like (as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence located somewhere in Europe or if you've living in North or South America - the closer to EST the better)
- Largely business hours but you manage your day
- Flexible leave & holiday policy
- An all-expenses paid team trip to a location in Europe (Flight rules permitting)
- A monthly contribution towards your favourite local co-working space (depending on your preference)
- Allowance for professional development.
- Opportunity to go to conferences and other networking events
- A clear career path to account executive and leadership roles in Sales
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.