Ziptility is seeking a dynamic sales professional to accompany its founding team on the journey to scale. The Sales Manager will work closely with the CEO to schedule meetings with prospects, assist them through a trial process, and maintain an industry-leading sales database. They'll be an important early hire at a fast-growing startup company and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on its brand, culture, and bottom-line.
Sales outreach (30%)
- Generate new opportunities via phone, email, and social prospecting
- Follow up with existing leads (sales-driven, marketing-driven, or inbound) to schedule new meetings
Trial management (60%)
- Become an expert in Ziptility software and effectively and independently demonstrate its capabilities during online meetings
- Oversee Ziptility's trial program, recommending best practices and providing technical support to prospective customers when necessary
- Collaborate with Ziptility's marketing team to develop sales materials that accelerate specific opportunities and shorten Ziptility's sales cycle
- Collaborate with Ziptility's product team to gather technical requirements from prospective customers
- Meet or exceed a sales quota
Sales operations (10%)
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and proposals
- Maintain accurate lead, opportunity, and account information in HubSpot CRM
- Facilitate the transition of new customers to Ziptility's customer success and implementation teams
An ideal candidate...
- Is comfortable with cold outreach
- Is comfortable selling products or services with an ACV of $5K to $15K
- Has a minimum of three years quota-carrying experience
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has a strong sense of accountability and enjoys working autonomously in a results-oriented remote environment
- Is a confident, creative problem-solver who's comfortable thinking on their feet in unfamiliar situations
- Has a genuine interest in the well-being of their prospective customers and is willing to "do things that don't scale" in order to satisfy their needs
- Is excited about helping to build a company with an inclusive, high-performance culture
- Is comfortable with web-based sales and collaboration tools including (or similar to) Google Workspace, Hubspot CRM, Loom, and Canva
Ziptility is the operating system for America's water and wastewater workforce. Our end-to-end infrastructure management platform makes it easy for utility crews to find and respond to infrastructure issues in the field, and automatically collects the information their managers need for important compliance and capital planning projects as they do. We're a small, mighty team that's deeply committed to helping leaders from America's most under-appreciated industry (water) leverage modern technology to meet the buried infrastructure crisis head-on.
Ziptility is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Job posted 2021-04-08