As Senior Android Engineer you'll help us to bring the unique benefits of crypto to a global audience. You'll do this by delivering outstanding UX and unrivalled security. This will draw on your experience building top-tier apps that you're proud of, quickly shipping features, and taking ownership of the entire development lifecycle.
Ownership and autonomy are particularly important to us as a remote team.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about crypto's potential and has contributed to open source projects.
- 5 years experience building top tier Android apps, minimum 2 years in Kotlin
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Focused on delivering great UX
Expert knowledge of:
- RxJava usage (minimum 2 years of experience)
- The Android framework: lifecycles, memory management, Gradle
- Network protocols and data persistence techniques
- Common Android libraries such as Retrofit, Room, Glide, and Dagger.
- Testing Android apps with unit tests and UI tests
- Continuous Integration and source control
- Implementing security best practices for safeguarding data on a mobile device
The Argent app is written mostly in Kotlin. We use RxJava extensively as it helps us to work with concurrency issues and react to changes as soon as they happen. We also use proven libraries like Glide, Retrofit, Lottie and the latest AndroidX libraries.
Work remotely - anywhere in Europe (but Europe only). No commute. Lots of flexibility. Plenty of time to care for your kids or cats.
Equity in a high growth startup backed by the investors of Spotify and Slack.
Autonomy - you decide how to achieve your best work.
Trips across Europe - for one week every three months we collaborate in person, explore new solutions and have fun. So far we've stayed in Nice, Toulouse, Brussels, Lisbon and Barcelona. We'll resume these when safe following COVID.
Equipment - pick the tech setup of your choice.
Parental leave - generous package for new parents.
Build a new industry - help define the future of the web.
You can find more information on each of our values here.