Senior Android Engineer
Would you like to spearhead the technical architecture of our Android codebase, whilst working in a fun and exciting industry, at a tech startup that’s growing places?
Read on - this might just be the opportunity for you...
At Attractions.io, we're shaking up the way theme parks and other visitor attractions use technology. We’re on the look out for a talented Android Engineer to lead the implementation of our Android client codebase, which powers guest-facing apps for some of the best attraction brands in the world.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the codebase is clean, efficient, well tested and utilises industry best practice. Working closely with our lead iOS engineer, you’ll maintain feature parity between platforms while implementing a strong native Android user experience.
- You have strong knowledge of Java and Kotlin, the Android SDK, Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices including material design.
- You have knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- You have a solid background in computer science and enjoy working in an abstract codebase, solving complex problems.
- You’d be able to work out the most efficient way to merge two sorted arrays of numbers.
- While not essential, it will be advantageous to have some experience or a keen interest in Swift and iOS development, as well as TypeScript.
- Previous line managers describe you as passionate and responsible, usually found participating in technical, product and team discussions.
- Working within an agile team. This includes participating in daily stand-ups, facilitating backlog refinement and being involved in retrospectives in an effort to continually improve.
- Working with colleagues to deliver user stories and fix bugs from the product backlog.
- Reviewing colleagues' code through pull requests, making comments and recommendations as needed.
- Contributing to product ideas, solving complex problems and participating in technical design decisions.
- Leading technical direction of the Android codebase, identifying, prioritising and refactoring where valuable.
- Writing unit tests and performing manual testing to deliver robust, working software.
- Using automation and CI/CD pipelines in order to make automated testing and builds a joyous automated experience
At Attractions.io, we believe that technology can make visitor experiences infinitely better. We’re on a mission to reimagine the visitor journey, removing frustrations by connecting technology and personalising the experience. Our SaaS platform already serves millions of guests at world-class attractions every year, and we have ambitious growth plans.
The role is 100% remote, but (when it's safe to do so) we plan to frequently meet up for social events, so we're looking for a UK based individual.
- The opportunity to join an innovative startup with a fantastic culture — full of ambition and drive to grow
- Competitive salary
- Flexible remote-first working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employee share option scheme
- Top-end equipment
- Personal development budget
Job posted 2021-03-20