Float is the world’s leading resource planner, helping teams at brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed and Ogilvy better plan and manage their time. Founded in 2011, Float is proudly self-funded, profitable and 100% remote. Our growing team of twenty-four are made up of Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing and Customer Success folks in more than eight countries.
About the Role
We're seeking a Node.js expert to join a highly skilled senior engineering team of 12 to scale and maintain our fast-growing SaaS product. Your primary responsibility will be supporting and growing our family of dedicated integrations
while supporting the team in the development of our server-side applications, microservices, and API.
With a growing audience of more than 3,500 teams logging in each day to Float, your role will have a massive influence on team productivity across the world.
This is a hands-on role, you’ll lead by example, setting the bar for quality, and use both code reviews and peer reviews as an opportunity to help drive improvement across the organization. There are growth opportunities along both Principal and Manager paths.
We’re looking for someone with proven leadership experience in a senior technical role, preferably for an SMB or enterprise-grade SaaS. You'll be able to demonstrate successful past projects for professional, public-facing, large-scale web applications.
The role will require:
- Expert Node.js proficiency in a production environment
- Expert proficiency with relational databases (MySQL) and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with microservices-based architecture in production
- Proficiency with message queueing systems (RabbitMQ, Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- Proficiency developing REST APIs
- Experience developing data processing pipelines (Dataflow, BigQuery, Cloud PubSub, PubSub Lite)
- Experience developing integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience with software containerization (Docker), orchestration (Kubernetes) and serverless computing
- Experience with cloud computing vendors (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with CircleCI, Jenkins or similar CI/CD applications
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis)
The salary range for this role is US $110-$130K.
We have a range of expanding and improving benefits and perks including:
- Home office expense budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
- Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you'd like to work out of home.
- Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, the last two were in Athens and Lisbon. We will continue this tradition when the time is right.
- Care for your community. Two days a year for you to support with your time, or donate with your wage, for a local charity of your choosing.
- Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there's ever an exit
If you’re in the US, we pay 50% of your medical, dental & vision coverage, including partners and children.
We encourage people of different locations, backgrounds and perspectives. We are a US-based company, if you are outside the US, you’ll be hired as a contractor.
About the Process
For more information on our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team, visit our Float careers page
We appreciate the time and energy that goes into crafting a job application, unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications we receive.