Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
Bevy is looking for Backend Engineers with the unique skills and knowledge of infrastructure, platforms, and software, to evaluate, prioritize, and resolve defects with our product and systems in order to improve overall quality, performance, and reliability as we rapidly scale our product and organization, specifically as part of our Production Quality team.
We build our app using reliable tools that our team knows and trusts, including Python/Django, MySQL, Docker, and Kubernetes on Google Cloud. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but having familiarity with other common web languages (such as Ruby) and other relational databases are fine substitutes. We’re a collaborative team who genuinely enjoys working together with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to make Bevy a better product. We are looking for engineers that understand that simplicity and reliability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every decision made.
- You’ll produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You’ll actively own team features or systems and define the processes for their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You'll synthesize data from a variety of sources to triage, prioritize, and resolve production issues.
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
- You’ll track down and help eliminate tech debt.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 3+ years.
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.
Job posted 2021-03-20