Reify Health accelerates the development of new and life-saving therapies by creatively connecting and empowering the clinical trial ecosystem. We are helping thousands of research sites across 6 continents and 7 of the top-10 global biopharma sponsors, including Amgen, AstraZeneca, and Eli Lilly & Company. Our team is made up of a diverse group of researchers, entrepreneurs, technologists, data experts, and healthcare-obsessed professionals working to eliminate some of the biggest challenges in clinical research. We care about the people who care for people...and we have fun while doing it.
Our unique, rapidly growing data streams are enabling unique opportunities to manage clinical trials more efficiently and predictably. The Data Engineering group is looking for talented data engineers to build, expand, and support the cutting-edge, globally distributed data architecture which is the analytical backbone of our company. If you are empathetic, business-driven, and want to use your data engineering and data architecture skills to make a tangible impact in the clinical research community then this may be the role for you.
As a fast-growing startup, we're looking for people who can effectively balance rapid execution and delivery with sustainable and scalable architectural initiatives to serve the business most effectively. You have strong opinions, weakly held, and while well-versed technically know when to choose the right tool, for the right job, at the right level of complexity. You will work closely with our Data Analytics, Product, and Software Engineering groups to help collect, stream, transform, and effectively manage data for integration into critical reporting, data visualizations, and data products.
- Support the development and international expansion of our next-generation, privacy-aware, Kappa-style data architecture.
- Integrate additional data sources and real-time event streams from internal and third-party systems.
- Help transform and deliver data in a practical manner, including through a data warehouse.
- Develop APIs or interfaces to allow effective access to and management of data.
- Learn to effectively understand and deftly navigate the global compliance ecosystem (HIPAA, GDPR, etc.) to ensure your work respects the rights, regulations, and consent preferences of all stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the clinical ecosystem, our products, and our business and how they all uniquely interact to help people.
- 4+ years of experience successfully developing and deploying data pipelines and distributed architectures, ideally in a space similar to ours (startup, healthcare, regulated data).
- Deep practical experience with AWS, streaming data technologies like Kafka, containerization, and containerized applications.
- Experience or interest in developing and managing enterprise-scale data warehouse (OLAP), data marts, and multidimensional data models.
- Excellent programming skills in Clojure or Python and deep comfort with SQL.
- Solid software testing, documentation, and debugging practices in the context of distributed systems.
- Great communication skills and can work comfortably with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop requirements.
- Build new internal and external data integrations to bring rich historical data to stakeholders through our data warehouse
- Expand novel compliance systems to securely manage how data is transferred globally and used for analytical applications
- Create scalable architecture to support the management, deployment, and usage of machine learning models
- Help deploy, manage, and expand structured knowledge systems with our Data Products group
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise
Remote First We have team members from around the United States and beyond and have a healthy and balanced remote work culture
Flexible Hours Plan your workday as you wish, just give us the majority of your core, creative hours that coincide with that of your team
Comprehensive Health/Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage
Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program
Company-provided Workstation You will be issued a brand new MacBook Pro laptop
Location Convenience & Transportation For employees who are local to Boston, and want to visit the office, we are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more
Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify, which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.