Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As an experienced Senior Designer in Dawson Andrews, you’ll be responsible for leading and creating high quality designs and solutions based on user needs and design principles. You’ll be an advocate for user-centric design, design thinking and very passionate about guiding others in design.
You will also be able to bring your ideas to life using HTML and CSS demonstrating an understanding of the technologies you design for as well as being comfortable in the interaction design layer.
You will lead and coach our growing Design team and create exemplary services for our clients. It’s a fast-paced environment, so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions.
You’ll do this whilst learning about new design patterns and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow.
- 4 years design agency experience.
- Lead design and research streams of a specific project or portfolio of projects.
- Experience of delivering high-quality designs across different devices such as mobile, tablet and desktops.
- Experience of leading projects from concept to completion, from sketched wireframes to working, interactive products.
- Proficient in producing UX deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and presenting them to clients and internal teams.
- Experience in modern collaborative design tools such as Figma.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills.
- An eye for detail and an ability to clearly articulate design decisions.
- Ability to run design workshops with clients.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to take a client’s brief and business problems, ask the right questions, gain an understanding, synthesize and communicate research findings, define a well-scoped solution and iterate towards solutions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced delivery environment while making effective decisions, sometimes within tight time constraints.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching of other team members.
- Ability to clearly communicate designs in conversations, presentations and documentation.
- Good understanding of user research and techniques.
- Experience with Tailwind CSS.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience of design with assisted digital in mind.
- Experience working in a digital agency environment.
- Experience working with large scale project management systems such as JIRA and/or Asana.
- Experience working with design systems and frameworks like Material UI.
Nice to have:
- Experience managing and leading an internal design team.
- Experience setting annual goals, objectives for a design team using OKR methodology, SMART goals or similar.
- Experience running design team activities.
- Experience working in a client facing role with project management duties.
Who you are:
You have a ruthless attitude to figure it out and you’re not afraid of taking onus.
Humility where appropriate, confidence when the shot is on.
You should always have an eye on the client’s ROI with an ability to focus on what will deliver them results over distractions.
You should be passionate about building a career in digital product and developing your skills to perform alongside the best in the industry.
We're Dawson Andrews, a digital product studio born in Belfast. We have worked with startups to billion dollar e-commerce companies, we specialise in driving commercial value through digital products and services. We’re a tight knit team, regularly laughing at each other, occasionally fighting fires together and building products we’re really proud of.
- Attractive salary
- Private medical plan
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave allowance plus public holidays and paid parental leave
- Stocked fridge with snacks/drinks
- Regular social activities