Sphinx is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team building a cutting edge communications platform for US government satellites. We're looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to lead a DevOps team and take our build and deployment automation to the next level. As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will to the lead in maturing the development and deployment infrastructure used by our Space Communications team, which provides infrastructure for a wide variety of US Government satellites. As an early hire on a small team, you will have an outsized role in determining what we build and how we work.
The Sphinx Space Communications team is a small, engineering focused team that prioritizes delivering quality products and learning from each other. The team is distributed across the US, with a strong culture that balances independence with collaboration. Expect talented, motivated, and interesting colleagues who are always looking to learn from each other.
We're looking for a track record of the following:
- In depth experience configuring and operating common CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI etc);
- Extensive experience with Infrastructure as Code, and a strong preference for automation (Ansible, Terraform);
- Utilizing services from, and building software on, cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP;
- Working with a team to develop and operate automated build and deployment infrastructure in GitLab, GitHub, or BitBucket;
- Willingness to own a technical problem end-to-end, a habit of self-directed learning of new technologies, and the ability to see through the noise to the most important problem, and;
- The ability to work well with a team, a history of technical leadership and mentorship, and the ability to communicate clearly.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 3-5 years of progressively responsible software engineering experience;
- You've worked with Prometheus and Grafana;
- You have several years of experience architecting and building APIs and backend services;
- You can demonstrate in-depth knowledge of at least one commercial cloud platform and its associated services and a common PaaS offering/container orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift);
- Are comfortable working with some ambiguity and able to self-direct your work, and;
- You’ve made enough mistakes and booked enough wins to know what not to build and know what efficiency looks like.
Compensation includes competitive salary, meaningful equity ownership, profit sharing, employer 401(k) contribution, and 100% employer covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents.
Due to the nature of our clients, you must be a US Citizen, live in the United States, and be able to pass a basic criminal background check.