We prefer local candidates to our North Andover MA office, but remote US based applicants are also welcome.
Epion's purpose is to empower our medical partners and patients to achieve the best healthcare possible.
Epion Health has transformed the doctor’s appointment into a personalized digital experience, where patients can share information with their doctor and take ownership of their own health management. We are a mission-driven company that uses technology to solve real healthcare problems for real people throughout the appointment life cycle. Epion is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. You will have an opportunity to be part of dynamic and collaborative culture that is making a difference in healthcare. Epion was selected in Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll work on a closely-knit team with a technology stack built with Ruby on Rails 6, React, RSpec and PostgreSQL. Our application infrastructure is hosted on a combination of AWS and Aptible; analytics infrastructure is on Google Cloud Platform. We integrate with multiple EHRs and provide a telehealth platform with video chat. As our first DevOps engineer you will have the opportunity to shape the way we manage infrastructure from the ground up. We like to work with modern technologies, always try to do what is best for the customer and we value teamwork rather than rock stars or cowboys.
- Create a modern, secure and repeatable production environment
- Work to improve the efficiency, both speed and cost, of that environment
- Develop a reliable, automated deployment process, with the goal of getting to continuous deployment
- Respond to outages and security incidents (our app is mostly used 9-5 on weekdays, but there is an on call component to this role)
- Participate in Business Continuity planning and testing
- Monitor for problems and work to improve monitoring
- Actively promote code quality, security, and maintainability
- Be a mentor when you have the expertise / Be a student when someone else does
Required Skills & Experience
To be a good fit for this position, we expect you to have these skills:
- 4+ years experience with Ruby on Rails, or 3+ in a DevOps or similar role
- In depth knowledge of two or more of the following: PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, AWS, GCP, Networking (http, TLS, firewalls, WAF, DNS, etc.), CI/CD
- Familiarity with current privacy and security issues and practices
- Ability to balance competing priorities and adapt to changing business requirements
- Great communication skills, particularly in explaining DevOps concerns to non-technical people
Optional Skills & Experience
You’ll be a stronger candidate if you also have skills in several of these areas:
- HIPAA, PCI or other regulatory requirements
- HiTrust or other compliance frameworks
- Healthcare standards such as HL7, FHIR, or SNOMED
- Experience in a startup environment with a lot of autonomy
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Understanding and commitment to Agile processes
We’d love to know about your skills that aren’t on this list, too!
- Competitive salary, 401K, and health benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Latest Apple products for your working needs
- Reimbursement options for classes or conferences
- Due to contractual limits, this opening requires a US citizen physically located within the United States
- This is a remote opportunity, with proximity to our North Andover, MA office a plus, but not required. The office has a free gym on site.
- Epion Health cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Epion Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.