Harness Wealth provides tech founders, employees, and investors confidence in the path to their best financial future. We provide clients with personal finance management tools and insights that cover their entire financial picture, as well as access to a marketplace of highly curated financial and tax advisors. Our vision is to make bespoke financial advice accessible, intuitive, and valuable by building a holistic wealth platform.
We are rapidly expanding our engineering team, and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to help scale out our front-end applications. Besides adding functionality to our wealth management marketplace, tax advisory platform, and personal finance tools, you will establish front-end engineering best practices. This role will report directly to our Head of Engineering.
Founders, employees, and investors can find advisors across their financial, tax, and estate planning needs to help them navigate significant changes in their lives, such as founding a company, going through a liquidity event, starting a family, and buying a home. We provide personalized advisor recommendations based on several personal attributes and over 100 advisor attributes.
Builders can leverage Harness Tools to understand better their current financial situation and the most important next steps regarding their finances and taxes. We provide users a balance sheet to represent all of their assets and debts, including their employee equity, crypto assets, and real estate, as well as tax planning tools to help navigate future liquidity events.
We offer our tax advisory and preparation services to builders with specific needs around their private company equity and crypto-assets. Our tax team provides tax planning packages tailored to builders with event-driven needs such as planning for significant liquidity events, moving between different countries or states, and changing jobs.
- You will participate in our planning meetings, daily stand-ups (10:30 AM EST), engineering meetings, design reviews.
- While your focus will be on front-end software engineering, we expect all engineers at Harness Wealth to feel comfortable making contributions across our software stack. We use Python/Django/Postgres as our backend, hosted on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Deliver responsive web applications that operate across a variety of devices, operating systems, and browsers. Maintain a browser-support matrix for our web applications and establish a process to ensure compliance.
- Guide the engineering team in accessibility best practices.
- Write performant front-end code and have experience with tools for evaluating performance of single-page web applications.
- Architect our front-end codebase, emphasizing ease of readability and use of established organizational patterns to support a rapidly growing team of software engineers; we plan on doubling our engineering team in 2021.
- Take ownership and drive direction for the front-end engineering experience: manage our front-end build system, expand our application testing infrastructure, and evaluate our automated linting and code quality tests.
- Establish and maintain a technical roadmap, focusing on paying down technical debt, introducing new services and frameworks, and proactively addressing architectural deficiencies.
- Assist in interviewing and onboarding new engineering hires.
- Experience with CSS compilation and collaborative development tools, such as SASS/SCSS and SASS modules.
- Experience with one or more front-end performance tools, such as React profiling, Sentry performance monitoring, Datadog Browser APM, or Google Lighthouse.
- You will foster effective working relationships with distributed teams across multiple time zones, including outsourced development teams.
- You can conduct timely, effective, and empathic code reviews and technical specification reviews to engender a positive engineering culture of learning and professional growth.
- Experience with some of the following tools and services: Storybook, Git, Sentry, Concourse, Jest, Webpack, and Cypress.
- Lead by making others better
- Care enough to have honest interactions
- Value diversity in our team and partners to reflect the diverse future of wealth
- Build trust at every client interaction
- Provide clarity over simplicity, given that wealth is not simple.
- Empower people to make and be accountable for decisions
- Fail fast, reflect, and evolve. Constantly.
- Take ownership. No job is too small or outside our job description.
We value people with a diversity of experiences. Harness Wealth is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here