, we’re building the best platform on the planet for creators to sell online courses, digital downloads, webinars, and memberships.
We’re a fully remote company, have been around since 2014 helping creators earn millions, and are growing fast.
As our Senior Growth Marketer, your job will be to help us move faster, get more done, and reach more creators every day.
You’ll work directly with our CMO
on building and executing marketing strategies that drive growth, increase creator activation and retention, and boost engagement.
You’ll have direct reports (one to start, more to come), real budget, cross-team collaboration with an amazing content team, and MUCH more.
Let’s dive in…
Why this is a dream marketing opportunity
Podia has been growing organically for the last four years.
We’ve put serious budget and bandwidth behind a single channel: content marketing. We have a world-class content team who drive a significant portion of our leads, and it’s time for the rest of our marketing to catch up.
We have a thriving affiliate program, successful partnerships, and strong word-of-mouth, and we’ve barely done anything to grow them.
In short: there’s plenty of low-hanging fruit, and a lot of room for big ideas, experimentation, and building out new channels.
This is the perfect role for an obsessed-with-marketing marketer who’s ready for a role where their potential to learn and grow is unlimited by the usual blockers:
If you’ve ever been asked to do marketing for a product that isn’t that good, you know how demoralizing it can be to see your hard-earned leads slip away disappointed.
If you’ve been stuck marketing a product that you’re not excited about, you know how tough it is to wake up every day and try to fake enthusiasm about what you’re selling.
Every single day, we get emails at Podia from people who earned their first ever online dollar thanks to the work we did for them. Our product powers economic opportunity for people all over the world, and your work will literally transform people’s lives.
If you’ve ever been frustrated by having to follow the same marketing playbook that’s already been written for you, you know how it feels to have your creativity limited.
In this role, you will write the playbook and be accountable for seeing it followed, from idea to execution and beyond. There are some things we’ve had success with that you’ll be taking to the next level, but you’ll be spending most of your time on brand new, from-the-ground-up projects.
If you’ve had to share attribution with other departments, then you’ve probably experienced having your contributions get diminished when other teams don’t hit their goals.
Here, all paid signups are self-serve, and there is no sales team. Marketing is solely responsible for the entire pipeline.
If you’re still excited after reading that, then let’s get to the details 👇
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for marketing. When you’re not practicing marketing, you’re nerding out on what the best marketers are doing and thinking about how to apply it to your own work. 🧠
- A desire to lead (people, projects, and strategy), and an equally strong desire to execute. This role will straddle the line between management and individual contribution; you’ll be expected to think strategically, set and own KPIs, lead other marketers, and get your hands dirty with copy, outreach, webinars, and more. ⚖️
- An extremely high bar for quality. Even though you may not be an expert in every marketing discipline, you know how to figure out what excellence looks like in any of them, and chart a path for getting us there. You don’t tolerate sloppy deliverables or things slipping through the cracks. 🏆
- Experience owning metrics. You know what it means to set an aggressive goal, build a strategy to back into it, thoughtfully decide which tactics you’ll pursue (or not pursue), course correct as you go, and answer for that goal at the end of the month or quarter. 📈
- Rigorous systems-focused thinking. We don’t live in tactic-land, chasing whatever shiny object wins our attention on a given day or week. You’ll build solid, scaleable, well-documented systems across multiple marketing channels, and never stop refining them. 🏗️
- Copywriting skillz. We believe that excellent copy, derived from properly-run customer research, is critical for effective marketing. This is a superpower you’ll flex often. 📝
- Management experience or readiness. Maybe you’ve already managed a marketing team, or maybe you’re a senior individual contributor looking to grow into a leader. 💼
- At least 4 hours of daily overlap with US Eastern Time. 🕰️
- 5+ year experience working in a marketing role. You’ve lived and breathed marketing for a while now. 🚀
It'd be REALLY great if you also:
- Have created and/or sold an online course, membership, or download 🤑
- Have worked with digital creators 💡
- Have owned a marketing budget 💰
These are nice-to-haves, but not requirements. Don’t be discouraged if they don’t apply to you. If you’re confident you’re otherwise perfect for this role, please apply!
Here’s what you’ll get if you join us:
- Competitive compensation. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them. We use a standardized salary scale set at the 90th percentile of US salaries for each role—regardless of where you are in the world 💰
- Ultimate flexibility. We try to have some overlap time every day, but outside of that, work whenever and wherever you work best 🗺️
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand—or even an ear if you just need to bounce some ideas 💡
- You’ll be working with a diverse team from a range of countries and backgrounds. We work hard to make Podia an inclusive workplace for everyone 🌈
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people ❤️
- Great benefits including three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, paid family leave, a new laptop every three years, and more ☺️
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together (or a still-pretty-great virtual retreat when there’s a global pandemic) ✈️
Sound like you? Want to be part of a smart, nimble, motivated team working hard to build something big?
If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you 📣
About the hiring process:
Interested in joining our team? Great!
We’ll begin reviewing applications immediately, and continue to review them until the job is filled. We heavily weigh the answers to our application form rather than data from LinkedIn or resumes. We typically reduce the candidate pool down to a small handful who move on to a small test project.
The project phase is a short paid test project, run very much like something you could expect to do if you were hired for the role. We’ll give you a week to complete the project, but expect that you’ll only need ~4 hours.
We’ll review the test projects, provide feedback in a single revision round for promising projects, and then based on the results of the revision round, select candidates to go on for interview.
You’ll have four total interviews over Zoom, including:
- The CMO (Hiring manager)
- The Director of Content
- The Marketing Coordinator
- The CEO
The last interview will be with Spencer, our CEO, who can answer any questions you have about the broader goals and workings of the company.
After that, we'll decide on our final candidates and ask for professional references from both a previous co-worker and a manager. We'll reach out to those references to set up a brief 10 minute call or email.
Finally, all going well, we'll make a written offer to the successful candidate which can be signed electronically 🥳
We’re looking forward to chatting 🙂