About CLI Studios
We are a group of unique, diverse, and creative individuals who deeply believe in the transformative power of the arts. We are on a mission to make arts education accessible for every single person! Our end goal? Make the world a more creative place by empowering learners of all ages to harness creativity. A critical step towards that vision is to connect our members to the best dance classes in the world from their homes.
Think about your favorite artist. Now, imagine you are able to learn from them through recorded, live, and interactive experiences! Every day you are able to transport yourself to a studio in LA with an artist and a tight-knit community as you further your own artform, passions, dreams, and future. If everyone could do this, what kind of world could we create? A world not only full of innovators and problem solvers, but also full of beauty, hope, and renewal.
We are a collaboration between world-class performing artists (e.g. multi-season stars from SYTYCD), technologists (e.g. CIO of NAAAP), startup operators (e.g. VP of Marketing at Modsy) and more. We believe business and art are not mutually exclusive. In fact, it is the melding of these two worlds that have made us the bold, creative force we are today. In the same sentence, you’ll hear us talking about dance techniques, studio production, and conversion rates.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work with our product team and creative partners across our team on experiences that delight our users across mobile and web apps.
You will be our first design hire and drive outsized impact on product vision. You will be obsessed with helping our members make progress in their own practice. You will live and breathe deepening the connections our members make to our content, to their instructor, and to each other. You will take on responsibility across user experience research, UX design, and UI design. You’ll also be up for the adventure of working at an early stage startup, which means you may be taking on some other responsibilities e.g. collaborating on marketing assets.
Here are some of the activities you will be responsible for:
- Develop empathy for our members that fuels a perspective on engaging learning experiences
- Oversee the design lifecycle for new product development from research to execution
- Lead user research interviews with students, parents, dance studio partners and more
- Partner with engineering, product, marketing, content and more to create prototypes and experiments that further product and business strategy
- Lead conversations on design tradeoffs by actively communicating in verbal and written forms with stakeholders
- Create storyboards, user journeys, wireframes, and visual design mockups to support new product development
- Introduce design patterns unique and relevant to our experience to drive design vision and consistency
- Develop and maintain our design system and process
Your background and experience
Critical to our team is someone who is excited about our unique mission at CLI Studios! We are looking for someone eager to get inside the minds and hearts of our members. Your experience will cover the following:
- 4+ years of product design experience
- An active interest and/or background in performing arts, dance, and virtual learning
- Strong verbal and written communication towards driving complex project forward, especially in a remote work environment
- A strong understanding of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, and rapid prototyping
- Ability to understand the business impact of design decisions and drive meaningful product value
- Familiarity with design tools e.g. Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience working for a high-growth start-up
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating successful design solutions
- Bonus: D2C experience on a social, health, or education product
CLI Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CLI Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. At CLI Studios, we celebrate an inclusive work environment, welcoming members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Your right to work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Copyright © 2021. CLI Studios, Inc.