Senior Product Manager at MoveOn
Full-time • Competitive pay • Excellent benefits • Work from anywhere in the contiguous United States
Application deadline: June 2, 2021. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the job is filled.
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a vital role to play in securing progress during the Biden-Harris administration and in organizing the grassroots to set up election wins in 2021, 2022, and beyond. We are building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populistmovement and fighting for progress on health care, climate, racial justice, and more. In service of that mission, in 2021 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
MoveOn members and grassroots donors are the heart of MoveOn’s organizing power. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the Product team to drive roadmap development and execution to improve member and donor acquisition, retention, and continued engagement. This role will work closely with email strategists, mobile innovators, fundraisers, designers, operations, and engineers to turn member feedback into real product improvements or new MVPs and will be critical for growing and retaining MoveOn’s millions of members and donors in 2021 and beyond.
This Senior Product Manager role will operate at an important nexus and bridge critical teams that must work well together to best acquire and retain our donors and members and to improve the experience across the member journey in order to generate more sustained revenue and impact. You’ll drive tech prioritization and decision-making through A/B testing, analyzing member feedback, and aligning with campaign priorities and general fundraising strategy to acquire and retain donors and members at scale, while maintaining a personalized connection. Big ideas are welcome: There’s room to drive digital innovation with a multidisciplinary team.
Manage the roadmap for MoveOn’s fundraising and growth-related digital products in order to acquire and retain donors and members and improve their digital experience.
- Partner on feature prioritization, drive decisions for MoveOn fundraising and growth-related products, and ensure timely progress toward implementation.
- Work collaboratively with the Product team and other stakeholders to design, test, and launch key features or tools, including supporting onboarding, proactively identifying and managing risks, managing QA, and measuring and communicating impact.
- Manage one Web Designer, one QA contractor, one engineering contractor, and other engineers’ capacity to accomplish product goals. Coach stakeholders in prioritization, decision-making, and testing.
- Be deeply integrated into MoveOn’s Member Experience and Fundraising teams and understand their needs, pain points, priorities, and workflows.
- Conduct market research, interviews, and user testing and analyze learnings to identify pain points and opportunities to improve MoveOn’s digital toolset.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to analyze member data, propose key performance indicators, and develop tracking dashboards and reports to understand the effectiveness of fundraising, acquisition, and retention user flows and tools, identify areas of improvement, and ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Gather requirements and draft detailed user stories, acceptance criteria, and other documentation to support technical implementation and QA.
- Lead cross-team and cross-organization coordination to share learnings from tests, brainstorm new ideas, and build internal alignment with priorities.
- Stay on top of emerging digital trends and propose and test MVPs for new growth, retention, and fundraising avenues.
- Work with designers to create prototypes and run web page and other conversion optimizations to drive growth, retention, and fundraising, and generally act as a thought partner for data-informed and rapid testing.
A successful candidate will ...
- Have deep technical and analytical expertise, orienting toward data-informed product decisions and proactively identifying and mitigating technical and security risks.
- Have strong prioritization and decision-making skills, including incorporating diverse and sometimes conflicting feedback to propose difficult decisions and explain the why.
- Demonstrate empathy for users and creatively solve problems through brainstorming and testing solutions.
- Have strong communication and writing skills, including being able to translate between technical and nontechnical audiences, surface tensions, drive to understanding, and make good use of management structures.
- Have keen attention to detail and a highly dependable work ethic, including the ability to work well under pressure within a fast-paced, high-performing team and get deep into the weeds of a technical project while maintaining focus on the larger goal.
- Show interest in or experience with progressive activism, advocacy, campaigning, organizing, or politics.
Required skills and experience
- Previous experience building and executing a multi-product or objective-based roadmap, ideally in a growth or fundraising role with millions of users (minimum 5 years).
- Previous management experience and commitment to coaching and developing supervisees and colleagues.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills, including market research, user testing, A/B testing, and basic statistics.
- Experience writing SQL and preparing detailed reports that make sense of complex customer data, propose effective product strategy, and demonstrate impact.
- Experience partnering on setting product vision and planning, coordinating, executing, and evaluating product or feature launches from beginning to end and across technical and nontechnical teams.
- Strong equity analysis and demonstrated understanding of, commitment to, and prioritization of racial justice, social justice, and accessibility, as well as experience working effectively with different constituencies.
- Self-directedness—MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output. Excellent personal organization and time management skills are key.
Reports to: Product Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States. May require occasional travel.
Salary and benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic pay inequality and compensation issues in this country, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The salary for this position is $114K. In addition to the base salary, we offer a home office subsidy based on your home location. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child); 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; paid family medical leave; and and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays. We contribute 5% to your 401(k) after six months of employment. We also offer $1K in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.