Kaiju Capital Management (Kaiju) is a small- to medium-sized Hedge Fund. We are a fully-remote company and have experienced significant growth in the last 8-12 months.
The Technology division comprises most of the Kaiju staff and is divided into 2 main teams: AI and Engineering. The Technology division is responsible for building and maintaining internal web-based applications, bespoke AI models, and working closely with the Trading team to find, create, and manage trading opportunities and strategies.
Our unique and proprietary web-applications and AI models have allowed us to not only have an incredibly well-organized and risk-balanced portfolio, but also to thrive during severe market downturns, such as the COVID-19 market sell-off in March 2020. We’re constantly improving and finding new opportunities to pivot or expand our trading.
An experienced Senior Python Developer that will make an immediate impact on the design and development of the Python applications that are key to the success of the Trading team.
- Work closely with product owners and end users to design solutions that meet everyone’s needs
- Work on our Dev team, closely with our Data Science and DevOps teams, to create and support the code and infrastructure for Machine Learning applications
- Prototype different technical solutions
- Be responsible for the health of our Python codebase by ensuring best practices are followed
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and identify potential new technologies for the company to utilize
- Collaborate with other remote team members and participate in peer code reviews
- Take great care to ensure you’re delivering quality code and participate in documentation and process improvement
- 5+ years experience building and delivering production-ready Python applications
- Experience with NumPy, Pandas
- Experience with Git, along with best practices in source control
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile and distributed/remote team
- Ability to create and maintain well-normalized databases
- Basic knowledge of the U.S. Stock Market
- Able to work US Eastern Time Zone schedule
- Fluent English written and verbal
- Experience with C++, PHP
- Experience with time series databases
- Experience with streaming data and data visualization
- Frontend: React/Redux
- Backend: PHP (Laravel), C++, Java
- Machine learning: Python
- Datastores: MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, S3
- Infrastructure: Linux, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, RDS, Elasticache, ECS
- DevOps: Bitbucket, Jenkins, Docker
- This is a full-time contract position with competitive consulting rates
- Flexible PTO
- Support for continuing education
- This is a remote position. Work from anywhere in the world
Serious inquiries only. There will be a screening process with an online skills assessment and at least two interviews. Tip: Cover letters are a great way to make a first impression.
Kaiju Capital Management Limited has been certified as an Approved Investment Manager in the British Virgin Islands.
Kaiju is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate, nor do we tolerate discrimination or harassment. We base all hiring decisions on the job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications.