What makes this job meaningful?
This probably isn't the first job description you've read today. Maybe this is one of over 100 you reviewed this week. So, before we go any further, we want to stop and say thank you for considering this role. The rest of this post will be our pitch to you. We know you have options and we'd like you to consider adding us to that list.
The world is full of strained relationships. Perhaps no place is greater evidence of this than the workplace. The cliche of conflict between manager and employee is age-old and we're tired of it. We're so tired of it, that we're out to change it.
Leadr is a new kind of people management software, and while that may sound like business jargon, I promise you that this is not your typical B2B software company. At our core, we are helping organizations develop their people by turning managers into coaches and giving employees a voice. We believe today's employees expect more than just a title and a salary - they seek opportunities to learn, grow, be challenged, and be valued for the ideas they bring to the table. Unfortunately, most organizations lack the tools and structure needed to create a culture to support these expectations across every team and every manager. If this mission matters to you, keep reading.
Our development team at Leadr gets to pioneer this vision through building our world-class product and the systems to support it. We take feedback from our team and customers to create a roadmap to build.
Why You'll Be Motivated To Apply...
- You've mastered the essential skills of testing web applications and need a new challenge.
- At this stage in your career you want to be asked to solve problems, rather than be "told what to do".
- You are fanatically customer oriented (even internal customers) and thrive on applying your curiosity and talents to finding how things work and why they don't.
- You have approached "craftspersonship" level and want to work in an environment where that actually matters.
- You prefer small teams of people who are smart with a get-it-done attitude.
- Leadr is an early stage startup and with that comes amazing growth opportunities. Most likely you've only worked at large mature bureaucratic companies or small companies that aren't really growing. Leadr is neither of those things. You are going to stretch so much you'll wish you were made out of nylon.
- Leadr is doing something radical and exciting. You noticed that when you checked out our website.
- Leadr is in a solid financial position and we are expanding rapidly.
Why We Need You ...
- QA is critical to the organized and predictable delivery of quality updates. We value QA and we're looking for someone at the top of their game to own this critical role.
- You will enable us to ship value faster and more frequently without breaking things or disrupting users.
- QA isn't just about finding bugs; it's about preventing them. Ensuring quality exists from design to deployment.
Our Tech Stack:
At a high level our tech stack is a React frontend on top of a serverless microservice backend implemented as NodeJS AWS Lambdas with data stored in DGraph, a graph DB.
Our SDLC and Deployment Process:
We sort of do sprints. We push code to prod sort of weekly. Now we are following a Kanban approach and ship whatever has passed QA scrutiny to production once a week. We leverage Feature Flags heavily to control when we turn features on, but also as a safer alternative to branch-mania! We are slowly picking up the pace of deployments and are working towards eventually being able to safely and reliably deploying code to production several times per day.
To success in this role we would prefer...
- 5+ years of commercial experience testing web applications.
- Experience testing a B2B or B2C Saas product that was a "daily-use" type of application, with a SDLC that closely matches what we are striving towards. In that role you were an integral part of successfully and reliably deploying updates to production on a daily basis.
- Experience with feature flags is a huge bonus.
- Experience testing mobile applications (optional but helpful)
- Experience managing your own test environments.
- You have extensive experience testing web software in all manner of methods: scripted, exploratory, boundary, functional...
- You work well in small teams and are familiar with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Aha.
- You exude creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
- You've been part of a team that deploys commercial web apps built on cloud-native technologies through full CI/CD controlled environments.
- You are passionate about what you do, you are a motivated self-starter and are always learning and developing.
This role reports to the Head of Product & Engineering (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonglover/)
Our head office is in Plano, Texas and if you are looking to eventually get into a Director+ role you should strongly consider relocating there. But otherwise this is an entirely remote job. Our product team spans several timezones and we make use of Slack and Discord to keep connected.
We are pleased to offer competitive salary, bonuses, and benefits. We offer PTO, Paid Holidays, Flex Holidays, etc. We are committed to developing you as a leader and providing career growth throughout your employment with us.
What can you expect for your interview process?
While not all candidates will complete the entire process, here's what it looks like from start to finish. We'll keep communication open the entire way so you always know where you stand.
- Complete the Kick-Off Form which is part of our application process. These answers are important to us and we will read and reference them throughout your interview process.
We promise we won't make you retype your resume into another form, we value your time.
- A 30-45 minute Culture Interview either by video call or in-person.
We'll use this time to simply get to know you as a person and hear more about your story.
- A 60-minute Technical Screen either by video call or in-person.
We'll use this time to make sure you possess the minimum skills we think are required to accomplish the key objectives.
- 3-4 hour meet & greet with the broader team, plus a more in-depth Technical Interview. This can be done either by video call or in-person. We'll dig into how you would go about accomplishing the objectives we shared for the role and your past experience doing similar work.
- And finally, the Offer letter is sent. Welcome to the team!
While the problem we're tackling at Leadr is ambitious, we have reason to be optimistic:
- Our early team is loaded with talented and experienced people who share a passion for the mission
- The executive team has done this before, founding and leading a startup in the payments space to hypergrowth and a successful exit in less than 10 years
- Because of our strong track record for success, we're well funded with plenty of financial runway
Leadr is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. Thank you for considering Leadr as the place to share your strengths and talents.