Want to help teleport enterprise collaboration into a 3D, cloud-based, virtual world? Want to push the boundaries of performance and transform the remote working experience? Virbela (www.virbela.com
) develops collaboration, learning, and assessment tools for global industry and education.
Virbela is seeking individuals who are mature, inquisitive, reliable, self-directed, and interested in developing virtual worlds, and simulations in a rapidly growing business. As a Sr. SaaS Platform Engineer at Virbela you will be working on a cross-disciplinary team that includes organizational psychologists, corporate leaders, virtual world specialists, and domain experts.
Virbela is 100% remote!
The core responsibility is to ensure the development of high quality, scalable, robust and secure cloud services to support dynamic virtual environments.
- Develop enterprise level cloud architecture to support dynamic virtual worlds
- Work with Platform Engineers to integrate and optimize native clients with cloud services
- Take responsibility for interpreting and implementing designs and customer requirements
- Contribute ideas and improvements to project designs, pipelines, and tools
- Commit to delivering high quality, polished and reliable web-based applications and services
- Document, organize, and maintain new code, helping to grow the company’s code base
- Inspire colleagues to continuously generate forward-thinking ideas and actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence. Help build on our creative legacy and award-winning work
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly proficient in at least one core server language (.NET C#, JAVA, NodeJS)
- Unity3D development or game server development experience is a bonus
- Leadership experience in developing client-server data transaction solutions with modern database services
- A proven track record in applying new state-of-the-art server design, tools and technologies to enhance the functionality and quality of cloud APIs
- Security mindset throughout design and development
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience
- Experience creating QA test guidelines for QC operations
- Desired skills in Client/server networking and audio/video streaming, API development for multimedia hardware and software technologies, Realtime game servers
- Working knowledge of interactive media (e.g. display technologies, video, 2D/3D animation, and interactive software)
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary, art, programming, production and technology teams
- Experience working on short-timeline, fast-paced projects
- Must be a strong leader and teammate
- Must be punctual, reliable, highly flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Virbela reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Virbela is pleased to offer its staff a full and competitive benefits package. Highlights include:
- Full employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance with buy up options
- 401(k) with company match
- Stock Options
- Generous paid time off policy
- Company Discounts
For more detail on our benefits program please visit: https://sites.google.com/virbela.com/virbelabenefits/home
Virbela is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran disability or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law in employment.